The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I rode in - It was lovely, a mixture of freezing rain/snow nothing too bad (YET!).

Not sure if I am riding home... 

I rode...  to the train. :-)

Easy one today. No buzzings. Just a light dusting on the street, and salt trucks had plenty of time to prepare... not slippery or slushy at all.

For more bike commute photos from today, click here.

It read like the first scene in a slasher movie where there is a flute playing, the sun is shining and birds are singing.  I look forward to reading about the ride home and the guy in the hockey mask.

h' 1.0 said:

Easy one today. No buzzings. Just a light dusting on the street, and salt trucks had plenty of time to prepare... not slippery or slushy at all.

A nice light dusting that started just as I left the house was a heavy pour when I got out of the subway downtown.  It hasn't let up since then so while this morning would have been very pleasant this evening is going to be hell on (two) wheels.

Anyone know how to turn a screen shot into a postable image in Windoze?

You can create a jpeg of anything that is on your screen using Screenhunter, one of the most valuable tools I have for doing my job. You can download it for free here.

h' 1.0 said:

Anyone know how to turn a screen shot into a postable image in Windoze?

Thanks Gene.  It's a work computer and I don't have admin access to install new applications.

All's I know is that you do a "print screen" and then paste it into a document.  Wondering what  the preferred way to get that into a jpeg file is.

nice snow ride- the vittoria randonneurs seemed to stick pretty well.

now time to get out the snowshoes with the dog...

That's good to know.  I recently added wide fenders (SKS P45s) to my commuter with the intention of upgrading to something wider than the 700X28 Michelins it currently has.  The Vittoria Randonneur is on my short list.  REI sells them in widths up to 38.

Skip

rb said:

the vittoria randonneurs seemed to stick pretty well.

Can you save it as a pdf?  I found this on-line converter which does not require that you download anything:

http://pdf2jpg.net/

h' 1.0 said:

Thanks Gene.  It's a work computer and I don't have admin access to install new applications.

All's I know is that you do a "print screen" and then paste it into a document.  Wondering what  the preferred way to get that into a jpeg file is.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service