Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138972

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did.  Too cold too early this year.  I hope we warm up to get more days on LFP for my entire ride.

Nope and nope.

25 degrees in November is ridiculous! But it's also Veterans day so downtown would be less busy.

I was really wanting to wait until January to break out my thermals and Balaclava!

I thought we had a deal that Fall would be warmer to make up for such a cold Spring?

Seriously I was able to not layer for July and August.

LOL, thanks for dusting off this tread, Mike! I did ride yesterday and had a great time on my way in (around noon) and a pretty scary time on my way home (around 7). It still felt funny to get out my snowsuit etc, but thinking about the fact that it’s not even Thanksgiving yet... yikes. Here’s hoping that it bounces back at least once before settling in for the long haul.

woof. snowsuit. :-(

Ditto for today. 7 degrees this morning and a HIGH of 19. I really hope some El Nino comes our way for at least part of this cold season.

Hey Yasmeen our Fall color was green leaves being frozen off trees with a Halloween snow and below freezing temps.

Bleh!

oh man, that makes me sad to hear the leaves didn't get the chance to change. 

I rode today. Cold and windy but looking at the weather in Chicago, can't really complain. The trees are in the half beautiful, half naked and stark look of late fall. I have two different routes now - one while it's light out in the morning. One that's faster, easier in the evening (two different Metro stations).  I've come to realize I take photos of cars blocking or parked on sidewalks/in bike lanes and by the time I reach my destination, can't be bothered to post them because I am no longer annoyed by what they did. 

I feel like we are plunging into the long, cold darkness only to emerge on the other side, in a new year, with hopes of early spring, flowers, and birds. But in between, in the darkness, there will be holiday lights. I signed up for a holiday lights ride that involves decorating my bike in lights. I'm actually really excited to do it (in Virginia).  Stay warm everyone! 

Nope.  I hope to be able to Thursday/Friday.  Next week forecast looks nice; we'll think it's balmy compared to the start of this week...

I just noticed that the new posts about our intense early winter weather, that have re-woke this thread, occur on--and create--page 666 of this long-running, record-breaking forum.

Worth noting that we've achieved this unusual milestone almost a decade after this forum began! Actually 9 yrs, 1 month and 7 days after...and counting. (I think this may be the longest-running/most viewed forum for Chainlink??)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service