Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138979

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Skip,

That was a pretty amazing view of the moon this morning if I must say so.   I tried to capture a shot from Gillson Park in Wilmette around 6am and got this.   It doesn't really capture how awesome it looked in person though ;-). 

> It doesn't really capture how awesome it looked in person though ;-)

Indeed. Personally, I think we just need more powerful flash equipment. :-)

Having experienced the awfulness that is the construction-delayed Red Line yesterday I'm getting myself up and out early enough to bike to work.

On the first day of Spring, I rode in on Milwaukee from Elston with a fellow in a suit and a trench coat on a bakfiets from JC Lind and a couple on a cherry red tandem along with the crowd of usual suspects.  Still has me smiling even though I left my phone, my building ID, and my office keys at home.

It is wet out there. Good for you - toughing it out. Any chance you can get everything nice and dry for the ride home?

I love the blue of the water. Can't wait until it's warm and sunny. :-)

Not too bad this morning. A bit of snow/slush/ice in the bike lanes. I rode Clark instead of LFT from Evanston. The wind off the lake was still bone-chilling. Despite the rather moderate temperature (around 28-30F), my hands were quite cold for the first half of the commute.

I did not because I was concerned about Milwaukee and Kinzie PBLs.  Anyone have a report?

Nothing to report. But the lanes/sharrows around Ogden, Roose are good. Sadly hit a spot of invisible ninja ice prolly due to overconfidence on my part. I think by this pm everything will be good again. But after yesterday, I had a similar concern for today.

Better than usual (enthused and confident), but Kinzie has a lot of moisture in it which will likely freeze as it gets colder (interested but concerned).

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service