The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yea, I looked at the predictions for the weather (a slow gradual decline) and headed out.  It was nearing 50 when I left and when I pulled out from Trader Joes it was getting a bit more nasty. Glad I headed out when I did.

Cold and dry and the salt dust hasn't gotten heavy yet. Nice week for riding!

This morning, despite the cold, was an ideal day to ride. Little to no wind, no ice, empty LFP... I love it. 

Ryan Stahlman said:

Little to no wind...

I'm guessing you were travelling northbound. There was wind. Oh, yes, there was wind...

Yes, I was thinking it will be nice to have a tailwind going home tonight. :-)

Skip Montanaro 12mi said:

Ryan Stahlman said:

Little to no wind...

I'm guessing you were travelling northbound. There was wind. Oh, yes, there was wind...

Do we know when Lincoln will be done with the resurfacing? 

I took Clark today to avoid the bumpty-bump-bump ride. Clark is so much more aggressive (especially the drivers) in the morning than Lincoln and I am never in a hurry in the morning!

Yes. Yes I did.

I used to hate riding the stretch of Clark from Armitage to North especially passing LaSalle! Ya drivers get really aggressive there. Then Clark is super nice from North to Oak. Then from Oak down it all goes to crap again. Ah well. 

Jenn_5.5 mi said:

I took Clark today to avoid the bumpty-bump-bump ride. Clark is so much more aggressive (especially the drivers) in the morning than Lincoln and I am never in a hurry in the morning!

I know they cannot pave if it is below freezing, but I don't know how much above freezing it must be for them to do it and I don't know if it must stay above freezing overnight for them to do it.  So how is that for a really unhelpful answer?

Jenn_5.5 mi said:

That is what I thought and it doesn't make sense to me. It is December, in Chicago! Why would 'you' tear up mile(s) of road that you likely can't fix! Ugh!

Lisa Curcio 4.1mi said:

I know they cannot pave if it is below freezing, but I don't know how much above freezing it must be for them to do it and I don't know if it must stay above freezing overnight for them to do it.  So how is that for a really unhelpful answer?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service