The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice first ride in the NICE.

Weren't the temps supposed to plummet? I couldn't even stand to have a hat on on Saturday afternoon.

After having spent a week in the house cleaning and cooking and cleaning, I finally got back on my bike today.  I was afraid I might have forgotten how to ride, but I made it all of the way to work with no problem. :-)

h' -- have no fear.  By Friday winter will be back.  It is going to be a cold weekend for the cyclocross.

It's almost "like riding a bike."

Lisa Curcio 4.1 mi said:

[snip]  I was afraid I might have forgotten how to ride, but I made it all of the way to work with no problem. :-)

[snip]

I and a couple friends went for my "60 for my 60th" ride on Saturday (I turned 60 last Monday). Our course was basically the North Shore Century 100k route. I wound up doing 63. My friend Jeff rode to my place from Lincoln Park, so wound up doing about 72, even though he hadn't ridden more than 20 miles in a single stretch for several years.

We couldn't have asked for nicer weather. I rode my fixed gear commuter and had no trouble other than a somewhat sore butt by the end. I guess my old Selle Italia Flite saddle is near its end-of-life, at least for long rides. It's fine for my 12-ish mile commute, not so good for a 60+ mile ride.

This morning was also fine riding weather. Legs were a bit sore, but nothing unexpected.

Happy Birthday!

Skip Montanaro 12mi said:

I and a couple friends went for my "60 for my 60th" ride on Saturday (I turned 60 last Monday). Our course was basically the North Shore Century 100k route. I wound up doing 63. My friend Jeff rode to my place from Lincoln Park, so wound up doing about 72, even though he hadn't ridden more than 20 miles in a single stretch for several years.

Penblwydd Hapus!

grayn8 (5.3 - 36) said:

Happy Birthday!

Skip Montanaro 12mi said:

Some great riding weather for December!

Actually balmy today. However it will be very interesting next week.

By the way, happy birthday.

Sorry to hear that! Hope you feel better soon!

Rest up dude! We want you to be healthy and back out there.

Any retribution for the driver? 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service