The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138537

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had an enjoyable slow.. SLOW.... 3 or 4 mile ride with the wifey around our neighborhood tonight on our beach cruisers. Lazy Sunday cruising at sunset. 

really....really...really...would like to have summer back...

I got my facial this morning and there were hardly any other cyclists on the LFP!  It was mostly a fine mist, and warm enough not to be miserable getting wet.  Did not mind it at all.  That being said, I would not mind if some semblance of summer were to return. ;-)

The rain kept the riff raff off the Channel Trail. :-)

I wore a baseball cap for the first time, and it made a huge difference. No facials for me, Lisa. (Beards also help)

So, who is ready for winter? :)

The humidity kept fogging up my riding glasses, but other than that it was a great ride today!

I wear the baseball cap under my helmet to keep the rain out of my eyes--I hate rain in my eyes.  But the rest of my face gets wet.  Definitely will not be growing a beard. :-)

T.K. 6.5 mi said:

I wore a baseball cap for the first time, and it made a huge difference. No facials for me, Lisa. (Beards also help)

Out of curiosity, what kind of helmet do you have (road, mountain, etc)?  I use a Giro mountain style with the little (detachable) brim and put the amber lenses in my glasses to keep the rain out.  Seems to work a treat, I just pop the glasses off and give them a swipe with my shirt at stoplights when they get too misted.

Lisa Curcio 6.5 mi said:

I wear the baseball cap under my helmet to keep the rain out of my eyes--I hate rain in my eyes.  But the rest of my face gets wet.  Definitely will not be growing a beard. :-)

T.K. 6.5 mi said:

It's a Garneau road bike helmet.  It had one of those visors, but I hated it.  I have tried my glasses with the interchangeable lenses, but the rain still gets in behind the lenses.  I have tried all different things and the baseball cap under the helmet is my best option.

Dann B (5.25 mi/8.75 mi) said:

Out of curiosity, what kind of helmet do you have (road, mountain, etc)?  I use a Giro mountain style with the little (detachable) brim and put the amber lenses in my glasses to keep the rain out.  Seems to work a treat, I just pop the glasses off and give them a swipe with my shirt at stoplights when they get too misted.

Lisa Curcio 6.5 mi said:

T.K. 6.5 mi said:

Just take your prescription glasses off. That's what I do when it rains. Makes for a whole new experience every time I do it!

Lisa Curcio 6.5 mi said:

It's a Garneau road bike helmet.  It had one of those visors, but I hated it.  I have tried my glasses with the interchangeable lenses, but the rain still gets in behind the lenses.  I have tried all different things and the baseball cap under the helmet is my best option.

Dann B (5.25 mi/8.75 mi) said:

Lisa Curcio 6.5 mi said:

T.K. 6.5 mi said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service