The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138535

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I rode a couple of hours in a steady cold drizzle this morning.  Yuk.  Then my tires slid out from under me over a thickly painted manhole cover.  I smacked my hip & shoulder and cracked my helmet, but all things considered, I feel ok.  Luckily, I have another helmet, so I can ride to work tomorrow.

Gene, with the weather the way it was, I don't know how you got those photos.  Jen, ouch!  At least tomorrow the weather is supposed to be better.

Thanks, Lisa. No matter the weather there are always shots lurking about for someone to discover them.

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Gene, with the weather the way it was, I don't know how you got those photos.  Jen, ouch!  At least tomorrow the weather is supposed to be better.

I am glad you know not to use a helmet once it has been crashed.

yaj 3.2 said:

I rode a couple of hours in a steady cold drizzle this morning.  Yuk.  Then my tires slid out from under me over a thickly painted manhole cover.  I smacked my hip & shoulder and cracked my helmet, but all things considered, I feel ok.  Luckily, I have another helmet, so I can ride to work tomorrow.

Yup! Gloves and a hat in June?!

Gosh, a few clouds and a few drips really emptied the LFP of cyclists, joggers, walkers, and roller bladers.  Nice ride!

And I saw a woman riding northbound near Belmont Harbor with the funniest looking helmet.  It was pointy in the front and was sticking up in the air.  I did not realize the problem until a few seconds after she passed me.

Was she riding backwards, too, Lisa? On the way home last night a young man passed me - everyone passes me - and on the back in the center of his helmet was a mirror. Does anyone know the value of this addition?

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

And I saw a woman riding northbound near Belmont Harbor with the funniest looking helmet.  It was pointy in the front and was sticking up in the air.  I did not realize the problem until a few seconds after she passed me.

I thought helmets were somewhat backwards proof since the clip and inside parts make it so there is really no other way to put the helmet on. Although I haven't seen the inside of all helmets, just the one I wear.

:)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service