Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138960

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I broke out my winter gear for this morning's ride. A year ago I wouldn't have guessed that Vincennes would be one of the best parts of my commute ride - at least south of the viaducts. With the new bike lanes (varying between buffered and bollard-protected, it's quite pleasant.

igz said:

first day for long johns for me this morning.  45 degrees is my threshold till i get acclimated

Still in shorts, albeit with a hat, gloves, and a couple of extra layers topside.  Denial is a lovely thing, sometimes :)

Yes, at 10am.  Brisk, but stayed warm enough to get in 20 miles.

Yup, time to (hopefully temporarily) pass on shorts. Cold is fine, throw in snow/sleet/rain and I have to draw the line.

Might I add that the wind out of west was brutal on the ride home last night...

Getting tougher to be loyal to my bike.  Brrrr!  :-)

Check out Bikewinter.org and search for last year's threads about dressing for cooler temperatures.  This weather only requires some light layers and long pants.  I did have cold fingers this morning, though.  Obviously I have forgotten which hand coverings to wear when it is almost freezing.

Domenica Cresap said:

Getting tougher to be loyal to my bike.  Brrrr!  :-)

yesterdays chill was harsh as i had to don 2 layers of lighters gloves after having to wait for my train - the one that got derailed.  decided to ride home from wood dale instead of waiting.  the wind was brutal for some but for me it was an awesome tail wind.  a person that did wait for the train called me to let me know another train did come to pick folks up.  i caught up with that train in elmwood park.  by then, my feet were cold, so the heaters on the train felt nice.

this morning, i worked out my layers a bit better, and got the right gloves.

just a little bit colder, and i would have put on my goggles.  eyes kept tearing up.

Yesterday was chilly, but today was one sweater, ear warmers and full finger gloves chilly.  I hope it snows tonight if we have to get precipitation.

feels like deja vu

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

feels like deja vu

pat 5.5mi said:

feels like deja vu

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service