Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138957

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Weather/commute has been same/same for past few days.  Looks to be so until at least middle of next week...sigh...ready for Spring.

i agree. except for the fingers today I dressed correctly. thought I could be done with the heavyweight gloves and liners...but I guess not.

Foolishly I went fingerless wool no liner. Hope it warms up for everyone now that the sun is semi shining. Last nights commute home was a nice blend of snow, then sunny with wind. Keeps you on your toes!
I'm keeping the ski gloves until convinced it's safe to do otherwise.

I did guess on heavier vs. lighter coat and went with lighter, and that was fine.

Now, if people who are passing could remember that little phrase "on your left", that'd make things a tad more pleasant. It's an odd day when all of my close calls are with other bike riders and not motorized vehicles.

gloves--mittens?  gloves--mittens?  gloves--mittens?  Mittens!  Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!

Not today but yesterday.  Evening winds out of the west were about 20 mph gusting to 30. My rides was north and west.  Spin, spin,  spin.  The flakes were fun. The ice was not a problem. The wind was a reminder to keep pedaling and not worry about speed.

head winds all the way to work today...

Yesterday, I had folks asking me if I was going to ride home in the flash snow showers. My response-- "After fighting that headwind all the way into work, I'm definitely going to make it blow me home!"

Red wing blackbirds are out along the lake this week.  Temperature aside, Spring is here.

Let's be careful out there!

I had a tire blowout on the way in today. Luckily I had a $10 bill to temporarily patch the busted tire and an extra tube....

Except my spare tube had a hole in it, good thing that I had my patch kit...

Except that I couldn't get the patch to cure/seal in the cold (?)....on either one of my 2 tubes....

It's only 7:40, no bike shops open for at least another hour or so....guess I need to hop on the bus...

I left my CTA ChicagoCard at home...

Ugh, ended up hailing an SUV cab and taking it the rest of the way into work. I almost rage quit my day by going home and using a PTO day instead. I was SO frustrated. The frustration was compounded by the fact that I couldn't get any of the other bike commuters riding past to stop and help (!!). All I needed was a tube (third ones a charm?), I would have given someone $10 for it. One nice older gentlemen stopped and offered his patch kit, but by then I had already burned through my own patches. Patches on patches never work.

Not feeling the bike commuter solidarity today.

Will - yikes!  When it rains, it pours.  If you end up riding home, wishing you a much better ride!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service