The Chainlink

Gorgeous sunrise on LFP today.  So glad Spring is only a few days away!!!

Views: 793

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know. I'm already feeling cozy:).

Not training. Just enjoying the longer days. For the past 3 weeks I've been picking different Metra terminal stations to take advantage of the tailwind.  So today I took the train first north, and rode on the way back. For example, had the wind been coming from the south, I would've ridden over, and I would've taken the train back. It's been pretty fun given all the Metra routes. It's like taking a long chairlift on a ski slope.

Never thought about doing that MMM until I saw someone jump on @ Western jump off at Northbrook. Few hours later when I was back in the city saw him riding down Milwaukee.

What a glorious day this morning. Cool temps, bright sunshine, a pleasant wind and light traffic to boot.

This was one for the books.

I agree with Duppie- it is a glorious day so far! Had a great ride to work and I am hoping I have as good of a ride back home.

methinks the great tailwind i had this am will be an unwelcome headwind this afternoon  ';-(

I know.  I got to work 15 minutes early!  

Oh well.  I'd rather have it rougher on the way home than on the way in, since I can just sweat it out and then hop in the shower once I'm home.

But it was lovely to see the sun again, and the Lake Front Path was nice if you were biking and throwing off a lot of heat.  I wasn't cold at all.

in it to win it said:

methinks the great tailwind i had this am will be an unwelcome headwind this afternoon  ';-(

It seems like the kind of thing only seen in a cartoon. My rear wheel almost slid out from under me today when I ran over A BANANA PEEL! I am not kidding.

The weird thing is that one time at band camp when I was walking through my alley, I stepped on a banana peel and almost fell down.

Happy to ride this week, aren't you? It's windy out there and I feel I'm really getting a workout.

Thank you TWC iPad app. Thanks to your detailed moving radar I noticed the rain coming in, shortened my get-ready-routine, left early, and beat the rain this morning

That makes it almost worth the cost...

Yeah, I looked at the blob on home radar before I left and plotted 10 min shorter ride.  Drops started just as I finished locking Steed up!

Duppie said:

Thank you TWC iPad app. Thanks to your detailed moving radar I noticed the rain coming in, shortened my get-ready-routine, left early, and beat the rain this morning

That makes it almost worth the cost...

I'll be in it soon.... I guess that's what rain pants are for!
It was so foggy today that I could barely see the cars in front of me- but I managed to beat the pouring rain and had a good ride overall.

Just beat the heavy stuff into work this morning, but it was so foggy I wanted to stay out of traffic and take the path. 

Kept my fingers crossed that the truck I saw yesterday was there to finally patch those drops south of fullerton, and hooray, new blacktop is down.  There are two strips of asphalt gone south of the s-curve now, but they're not anywhere near as deep as previous holes.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service