How many other cyclists did you see on your commute this morning?

I'll start: 1.

Views: 8476

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I came across one guy from Elston/Pulaski to about Elston/Ashland. Then from there saw about 6-7 other cyclists on Elston to Wacker/Michigan (via Milwaukee/Kinzie/State). It actually surprised me. I'm on a loaner mountain bike so the commute wasn't as slick as I'm used to with the road bike.

I saw 8, most in the Loop. Only one other person riding a bike on the Lake Front Trail.

On my way from ca. Lincoln Park to Evanston last night I saw a few commuters going home (one of them on a nice MB-4 with nice Nitto racks!), but nobody when I rode home from Evanston to Avondale. I didn't know how cold it was until after I got home! I saw three others this morning.

Wow, I went out of my way for an errand, making my little commute more than a mile, and I saw no one else riding this morning! What a difference a few degrees make! But there are bikes locked up around Lincoln Square, so others are still out there...Keep on keeping on, bike commuters.

Tomorrow I head downtown. Hope I see many more of y'all. 

I saw one once I got on Lincoln near Leland and that was it for the commute. But it was early, about 7am. 

I saw 3 other riders...all in Evanston. I wonder about tomorrow Since they are calling for more snow tonight.

Holy shennanigans! Did my super abbreviated ride this am and saw a cyclist on that side road (parallel to 290) while going south bound on Damen toward Ogden.

Btw - roads at 7:00 am ish are way treacherous and the cars are driving awkwardly with the salt dried cloudy glass. Actual temp and snow not as bad as talked up by weather folk.

!!!!!!!!! ;)

grayn8 (5.3 - 36) said:

Actual temp and snow not as bad as talked up by weather folk.

very surprised this am to see so few people. Took the LFP from Wilson to Fullerton, then the zoo pkg lot (path was closed farther south) to North, and North to the Merch Mart.  From Wilson to Division I didn't pass a single biker..don't ever remember seeing that. And then saw three bikers after that..this was at 8:45. There was so much hysteria about the weather that people got scared.

LFP was beautiful this am. No wind and was well plowed till I got to Fullterton when they made us exit. Looks like they didn't plow farther South.

Three on Milwaukee, two on Kinzie, none on Dearborn from 7:30 or so to about 7:50.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service