The Chainlink

37.4, does that put me in the lead? :-)

Views: 4628

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How far did I ride?  Not very far, just to the loop and back :p

129 only commuting--there has been no fun in Mudville this winter!  And I feel like a slug.  How do you feel better?  ;-) ?

h' 1.0 said:

My best guess is 130-140 miles.

When I think about the fact that I've ridden as far in two months as I used to ride in a typical weekend at one point in my life.... it's odd that I feel like I'm in better shape now than I was then.

Probably because I learned about a decade ago that exercising daily doesn't mean you can eat whatever you want....and am slowly starting to learn to apply that....

Lisa Curcio 4.1 mi said:

129 only commuting--there has been no fun in Mudville this winter!  And I feel like a slug.  How do you feel better?  ;-) ?

h' 1.0 said:

My best guess is 130-140 miles.

When I think about the fact that I've ridden as far in two months as I used to ride in a typical weekend at one point in my life.... it's odd that I feel like I'm in better shape now than I was then.

I use a fitness log provided by US Masters Swimming to log swimming, cycling and a few measures (weight, resting heart rate, etc). That makes it pretty easy to tot up the score. As of yesterday, I'm at 237 miles.

Nice ride in today, BTW. I rode Clark from Evanston for the first time in a long while.

My official answer is "not enough" and I'll leave it at that.

I hear you.

h' 1.0 said:

Probably because I learned about a decade ago that exercising daily doesn't mean you can eat whatever you want....and am slowly starting to learn to apply that....

I'm not working so I have no reason to ride but I do a 20 mile round trip for errands, grab a few drinks in Andersonville once a week.

Locally I usually walk so I'm in about 100 miles, since the first of the year. 

I've been trying to continue with my pre-dawn fitness ride on Green Bay/Sheridan road all winter.  Rather than post miles, I can best describe it by saying that since January 1, I've only had three encounters with another cyclist and one with a coyote.   Pretty desolate out there. 

I'm around 550 miles for the year. It's roughly an 18 mi round trip to work and back, 5 days a week, accounting for being off the bike for a few days here and there (took off two weeks from the total).

Going to http://www.bikejournal.com/profile.asp and searching for Chicago, IL USA, I found 369 riders.  Maybe someone could create Team ChainLink and log your miles there? 

Free use for basic tracking (3 mandatory fields and 3 optional fields).

League of Illinois Bicyclists has a very simple logging page: http://www.leepirtle.com/lib/milelog/index.php

Yay!  Winter is over.   From Dec 21-Mar 20, I managed to get outside and bike about 70 days.  Given what transpired,  I now feel invincible.   Bring it on spring!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service