Cool Tucson bike stuff I'd love to see in Chicago: bike boulevards and more

I recently visited Tucson, Arizona, a college town of 520,000 people in the Sonoran desert, and was surprised by just how bicycle-friendly it is. People on bikes and cycling-inspired public art are everywhere, and there's great infrastructure, including a network of bike boulevards that Chicago would do well to emulate:
http://gridchicago.com/2012/cool-tucson-bike-stuff-id-love-to-see-i...

Keep moving forward,

John Greenfield

Views: 213

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In terms of employment policies, there's a whole lotta oppression in our country, at huge cost to quality of life and worklife satisfaction.

Steven Vance said:

I agree. 

Or start working towards a United States that requires vacation time. We require none, many other countries require a lot, and yet those same countries reach or beat the metrics economists care about (like GDP per capita). They even beat us on the metrics economists don't (or can't) care about, like happiness. 

Jim S said:

Steven,

I can definitely see where you're coming from, but for someone like me who only gets 1 week of paid vacation per year (and only usuable from mid January-May) and works many hours, it might become more difficult. Though, I have met many contract/freelance people like John who have been on some AMAZING trips. I think *I* need to find some way to become a freelancer. :)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service