Chicago bike sharing will be known as Divvy, be Chicago flag blue

Views: 15628

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

#517.  

I'm guessing the Mayor and Commissioner Klein are holding #1 & #2.  Since I couldn't be first to sign up, I'm waiting to be the last. ;P

I love the idea but doubt I will join. I can see using a bike to get from my loop office to places within a couple miles of the loop on the rare days when this need arises.  Generally, I will have planned to bring my bike on those days.  I am encouraging my daughter who will be in NYC this Summer to consider Citi Bikes as she will have a roughly 3 mile commute to work and there are stations close to work and home for her.

Sounds like it could be a practical solution for your daughter.

David Barish said:

I love the idea but doubt I will join. I can see using a bike to get from my loop office to places within a couple miles of the loop on the rare days when this need arises.  Generally, I will have planned to bring my bike on those days.  I am encouraging my daughter who will be in NYC this Summer to consider Citi Bikes as she will have a roughly 3 mile commute to work and there are stations close to work and home for her.

#263.

Black key.

Yay!

I'm guessing the Mayor and Commissioner Klein are holding #1 & #2.

They're #1 and #128 according to what's been posted on Facebook today.

I wasn't going to join until I took a closer look at the stations, and realized this may nicely fill a gap between the Jackson Blue line and Museum Campus for me (at this point the bus service is so bad in "non peak" tourist hours that I often just walk).

I suspect I'll find more uses as I'm cheap and will want to get the most bang for my $65!

Thunder Snow said:

...Divvy will replace for many of us that annoying $5 or $10 taxi ride, or 10-minute bus wait, from a Metra station to our final destination.  Metra & CTA have bike restrictions in the mornings and evenings, and even traveling on a crowded train with a folding bike can be difficult in a packed rush hour train car.  I wouldn't even attempt bringing a bike of any sort on the Brown Line at 5:15 PM, as riders are already completely sardined in.  I can see all kinds of ways Divvy might help me.

Carter, the way I look at it $65/365= 17.8 cents a day.  You can further split that 18 cents by several rides in one day.  Seems like its worth the money to try out for a year.  I don't see how you can lose unless you never ride at all.

Divvy has just parsed out the list of the first stations to be installed in June, to make it easier to figure out:

http://divvybikes.tumblr.com/post/51659846895/weve-been-getting-que...

As usual, Steven Vance over on StreetsBlog Chicago beat them to it and it is even in an searchable/clickable map

https://www.google.com/fusiontables/data?docid=1nU6otJCTTGFSpTmRMtJ...

Divvy should hire Steven.

Thunder Snow said:

Carter, the way I look at it $65/365= 17.8 cents a day.  You can further split that 18 cents by several rides in one day.  Seems like its worth the money to try out for a year.  I don't see how you can lose unless you never ride at all.

Divvy has just parsed out the list of the first stations to be installed in June, to make it easier to figure out:

Alderman Pewar was the first alderman to sign up (#118) and our executive director, Ron, is #194!

We've got a couple more staffers in the mix, too.

Thanks,

Ethan Spotts, Active Trans (who's still working out financial details with my personal finance director and hopes to sign up soon)

Agreed.  I was originally thinking along the lines of other folks here "I've got a bike, I ride it all the time, this isn't geared towards me."  But it's worth supporting even if I only use it in frequently - I'm thinking it's one of those resources you may not know you need until you REALLY need it.

Thunder Snow said:

#762. I agree with others above - I can think of a few uses despite owning a bike, and will likely come up with more now that I'm a member!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service