The Chainlink

Big bike weekend! Who's joining us at the Chicago Cycle Swap on Saturday??

It's a big weekend for bicyclists with the Bicycle Film Festival starting Thursday, the West Town Bikes Winter Meltdown Friday and the Chicago Cycle Swap on Saturday.

Stay safe out there while having fun, Chainlinkers. Don't forgot your $5 off coupon for the Swap.

Keep the rubber side down,

Ethan, with Active Trans

PS: we're still looking for some volunteers for the Swap, you can get in free by offering your services.

Views: 230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm the fed?  That's interesting.  My donation came from private-sector earnings as far as I can tell.

Bernard Joseph Hannigan said:

Very lame line up of vendors and the show in general...

This Active Trans Alliance is not doing a good job. They are just sucking fed, city and state money to feed themselves, not the cycling community.

I could promote and produce a better cycle trade show here in Chicago in a heart beat.

Bernard, I believe you are full of pessimism and misinformation. I attended the swap meet today and thoroughly enjoyed the presentations given by real people that cycle here in the City. I didn't see anything extravagant or over the top that would suggest Active Trans is "sucking fed,city and state money to feed themselves" but rather saw a lot that promotes cycling and the cycling community in general-including a feeling of community, which you seem to be lacking in.  An event doesn't have to be flashy to be enjoyed, and everyone at the Cycle Swap was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful- all good points to make up a great cycling community and have camaraderie with fellow cyclists.

If you want to put on a cycling event, you should, as it will only bring the community closer together. But please don't be so negative on something you have yet to attend.  

Bernard Joseph Hannigan said:

Very lame line up of vendors and the show in general...

This Active Trans Alliance is not doing a good job. They are just sucking fed, city and state money to feed themselves, not the cycling community.

I could promote and produce a better cycle trade show here in Chicago in a heart beat.

Great Swap! ;-)
Good work everyone at the film fest, west town fundraiser and today's swap.  I'm zonked and I'm sure the rest of the Chicago biking community is too!

Great swap everyone! 

How great were the Racketeers?!  Awesome job ladies!

I was a one woman parade riding home with my balloon blinged out helmet. :) Lots of waves, honks and smiles - thanks for the purple balloon hair!

jamimaria said:
I'll also be doing balloon twisting at my booth...in addition to selling off my accumulated bike stuff. 

The swap was great!

I bought the loveliest pale pink Miyata mixte single-speed conversion. I have been searching for exactly the right bike for ages and there it was, hiding in a corner just waiting for me.

I bought my first cycling cap from Erin! I'll post a picture.  So excited!

Had a great time! And a great winter ride afterwards!

Bought some awesome handmade, organic soap from Alewyfe, watched the Racketeers rock it out, friend bought a great Arctic from Paul Murphy, basement bike-builder and great guy, talked and met with lots of awesome people, and got my buddies to join ActiveTrans as members. Success!

This was an event for the community, by the community, and I thought it was perfect.

".....from Paul Murphy, basement bike-builder and great guy"

That's who I bought my pink mixte from! He was SO nice.

Great event. My heart got all sappy when I saw all the locked bikes circling the field house in the snow.

Great show!  I saw an amazing range of bikes, accessories, services and organizations represented.  Checked out some excellent presentations.  Had a lot of great conversations.  Enjoyed some good food and beer. 

I had a lot of fun and had so many conversations that I've barely got any voice left.  Zzzzzz...... Thanks again for doing such an excellent job in putting it together.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service