The Chainlink

“The answer is, you probably don’t need to freak out about it. As long as you’re maintaining at least 6 feet of distance from other people and you’re not in a high-risk group, you’re engaged in a very low-risk activity, particularly if you and others are wearing masks.”

The article also addresses last month’s concerns from the Belgian “study”. I waited until I had a face mask before I got on my bike and ran an errand over the weekend. I must admit, it was so nice to be on the bike. The downside is that drivers aren't great - speeding, passing too closely, etc. I live in an area that allows me to ride on the sidewalk but there are so many people walking right now, that's not really an option. So I ride on the street, take the whole lane, and keep my distance. 

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2020/4/24/21233226/coronavirus-r...

Views: 559

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Vehicular traffic is now picking back up again; there are plenty of Ubers and Lyfts once again loading/unloading in marked bike lanes, especially on Milwaukee in Wicker Park and Logan Square and Wells in Old Town. Nevertheless, I'm finding that early morning leisurely rides (leaving the apartment at 5:30am and back by 8am) are still calm and stress-free with the added benefit of fewer mask-less joggers and other cyclists sharing the roads and bike lanes. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service