Maybe we all need to upgrade to helmets with face shields now too, bullet proof ones!

This is messed up.

Shot in the Face while cycling!

A man was shot and critically wounded in the South Chicago neighborhood, one of several shootings across the city overnight that left at least half a dozen people wounded, authorities said.

The 33-year-old man was riding a bicycle when he was shot in the face about 8 p.m. in the 2600 block of East 79th Street, police said, citing early reports.

The man was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in critical condition, authorities said.

The gunman, wearing a puff" black jacket, fled on foot, according to Officer Joshua Purkiss, a police spokesman said.

About half an hour earlier, two 16-year-old boys were shot and wounded in the 1900 block of West 87th Street in the Gresham neighborhood, police said.

Both teens were taken to Little Company of Mary Hospital in Evergreen Park, where they were listed in good condition, police said.

Around the same time, across the city in the Austin neighborhood, a gunman approached a man and woman in the 1100 block of North Menard Avenue and opened fire, police said.

The 34-year-old man was struck in both thighs, an ankle and an arm, and the 19-year-old woman was wounded in the left buttock, police said.

The man was taken to Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood in serious condition, while the woman was taken to Stroger Hosptial in good condition.

At about 7:15 p.m., a 23-year-old man was shot several times by one of two men who approached him in the 200 block of East 35th Street in the Bronzeville neighborhood, police said.

The man was taken to Stroger, where his condition was stabilized, police said. Police believe the shooting was gang-related.

Views: 746

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You mean a magic hat doesn't stop bullets too?

Yeah, stop riding in crime infested areas will also help.

It think that banning any kind of gun from public spaces will also help

Getting conceal and carry enacted in Illinois will also help

There was this one time in the west loop when some young punks threatened me with a gun...

Hard to do if you live in them...

Juan said:

Soo, you ride with bullet proof gear?

notoriousDUG said:

Hard to do if you live in them...

Juan said:

Nope.

In getting from my neighborhood to other parts of the south side and beyond, I often need to ride through neighborhoods that are considered sketchy, like Woodlawn, Roseland or West Pullman.  The vast majority of my experiences there have been positive.  Folks who aren't familiar with the neighborhoods often make assumptions based on negative news stories.  Most of the people I meet when passing through those neighborhoods are nice folks.  I try to treat people decently and usually get a similar response.

Ironically, for all the time I've spent walking, riding the El and riding my bike in areas considered sketchy, I've been robbed once - in an area considered nice.  Shit can happen anywhere.  The best we can do is keep our eyes and ears open and try to stay clear if at all possible.  Sometimes we're just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

notoriousDUG said:

Nope.

I have been hurt worse by a 'bro' pushing me from a party trolley in Wrigleyville than I have by a anybody in a bad 'hood.

Anne Alt said:

In getting from my neighborhood to other parts of the south side and beyond, I often need to ride through neighborhoods that are considered sketchy, like Woodlawn, Roseland or West Pullman.  The vast majority of my experiences there have been positive.  Folks who aren't familiar with the neighborhoods often make assumptions based on negative news stories.  Most of the people I meet when passing through those neighborhoods are nice folks.  I try to treat people decently and usually get a similar response.

Ironically, for all the time I've spent walking, riding the El and riding my bike in areas considered sketchy, I've been robbed once - in an area considered nice.  Shit can happen anywhere.  The best we can do is keep our eyes and ears open and try to stay clear if at all possible.  Sometimes we're just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

notoriousDUG said:

Nope.

Bullet proof version please...

That's awesome!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service