The Chainlink

Is anyone currently planning the Perimeter Ride for this year? Anything I can do to help?

Views: 1376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No plans on my part for a Chicago Perimeter Ride, but stay tuned for my writeup of the 300-mile Metra-Politan Perimeter Ride, a 300-mile bike trip I did earlier this summer, connecting the endpoints of all the Metra commuter rail lines.

David Gephardt, any plans for a Chicago ride this summer? If not, if anyone else wants to take the reins, I'd be happy to share maps and info from the rides I led in the 'Oughts.

There has been some discussion of September 20th or 27th for the next Perimeter Ride.

Yep--we're gonna ride on the 20th. Red Bike and Green are excited to be involved this year and we're going to start pre-rides in a few weeks to fine tune the route a bit. I'll sit down this weekend and make a proper event page here and on Facebook so we can start spreading the word.

Huzzah!

Good deal, thanks David. Glad to hear RBG is on board.

I'll let folks with Friends of the Major Taylor Trail know and reach out to Park District contacts to ask for trail sweeping, assuming that you'll be using the trail.

David of the North (David606xx) said:

Yep--we're gonna ride on the 20th. Red Bike and Green are excited to be involved this year and we're going to start pre-rides in a few weeks to fine tune the route a bit. I'll sit down this weekend and make a proper event page here and on Facebook so we can start spreading the word.

Huzzah!

Awesome - thanks! 

Huzzah!

Let me know if want some company on the pre-rides!

... we're going to start pre-rides in a few weeks to fine tune the route a bit. 

I did a whole lot of figgerin' to suggest the 27th.

The 20th potentially abuts both Marauders and North Shore Century.

But I'll trust.

Yep--we're gonna ride on the 20th.

Oh. Yeah. I really wanted to do this but I'm doing NSC. One century is gonna be rough in a weekend let alone two! 

Yes, but this date presents the opportunity for the rare Triple Crown of Chicago Cycling-Permieter Ride, Midnight Marauders, AND North Shore Century. No scheduling overlap. Two hundred twenty miles or so in 30 hours. Destined to be a modern classic!

and at the normal perimeter ride pace, it may take all 30 hours to complete

Last year we left at 9:30 and got to Secret Beach by midnight. This year we'll go to The Billy Goat and the hardcore can ride on with Marauders until dawn. Never done NSC--allergic to Tyvec and support vehicles.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service