The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'cold' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

30% off Winter Clothing This Week

Hey winter bikers, the shop I work at, is having a Holiday Sale of 30% off winter clothing, which is pretty darn good. If you are chilly co…

Started by Michael Coston

0 Dec 10, 2014

Shoe covers/cleats vs Boots/platform pedals

So I have been reading on keeping the toes warm, I have a short commute, usually about ~20 minutes, but it is mostly on industrial roads an…

Started by Chitown_Mike

33 Nov 20, 2014
Reply by Yaniv

Friday Frivolity: when the mercury drops, what first for you? Longer pants, long sleeve shirt...jacket?

So happy to hear I am not alone singing out loud while riding my bike. Yesterday morning and again today, something funny happened on the c…

Started by grayn8

43 Sep 20, 2014
Reply by Gene Tenner

Anyone with experience making wind guards for your hands?

This article inspired me to try. Has anyone done this with bull horn bars? Can you post a pic? http://www.instructables.com/id/Bike-Wind-G

Started by Shirlee Berman

0 Dec 30, 2013

Winter Gear?

Hey fellow (women) riders! This is my first post, but I thought I'd just throw it out there: I stepped into a Marshall's the other day (th…

Started by Kerry Schenck

12 Oct 29, 2012
Reply by Casey Carnes

When Are You Too Sick To Ride?

When does your health stop you from riding?   I rode today with a chest cold and cough. WOW, I could smell and taste the tar or whatever is…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

6 Jun 3, 2011
Reply by JeffB

Found! Warm and wonderful glove combination

So, I wussed out of riding my bike to work yesterday because of the cold. I didn't think I had the proper gloves. I was so annoyed by my bu…

Started by Amanda W

1 Dec 11, 2009
Reply by Joe Studer 8.0 mi

So you think it was cold this past week...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz2SeEzxMuE&feature=channel_page Brrrrrrr!!!!

Started by Tank-Ridin' Ryan

6 Jan 19, 2009
Reply by Danielle

Advice to a Newbie on Windy Riding

Any suggestions for riding in windy weather? Should I use a heavier bike in windy travel? What gear should I be in? Any advice would be gre…

19 Nov 3, 2008
Reply by GabeW (not the other Gabe)

Chainlinkers talk about Winter Biking in the Sun Times!

Tips to keep you rolling along October 27, 2008 WITH MARY WISNIEWSKI mwisniewski@suntimes.com This was the year of bikes in Chicago --…

0 Oct 30, 2008

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service