The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'bicycles' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bike Mechanics WANTED!

Hi, My name is Rich I work for a company called Skills for Chicagolands Future, we help find work for the unemployed / underemployed in Ch…

Started by Richard O'Brien

0 Mar 10, 2015

Photos of PRESIDENTS ON BIKES

CHALLENGE! Can you add to this photo archive? How far back can we go? Extra credit for vice presidents or candidates who lost their presid…

Started by Jason Greenberg

50 Feb 28, 2015
Reply by Jason Greenberg

The Blue Book Comes to Bikes

Not to be confused with Park's Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair, The Bicycle Blue Book just launched online to become the go-to for valuing…

Started by globalguy

7 Sep 27, 2013
Reply by mark stetson

Outa' the Loop (with Bikes and Books)

I like to bike and I like to read … a lot on both counts. I really like to read about bikers who travel way beyond the city limits or who,…

Started by globalguy

18 Jul 16, 2013
Reply by globalguy

Bicycle Mechanic Needed

Bucephalus Bikes is looking for a bicycle mechanic. We are a relatively new local bicycle shop in Evanston. We specialize in quality servic…

Started by Alex Anon

8 May 19, 2013
Reply by Alex Anon

Red Lights for Bikes: Sure Thing or Stupid Nuisance? Tawlk amongst yourselves!

ON WBEZ's 848 this morning, Tony Sarabia chatted with Transportation Commissioner Gabe Klein about Chicago’s newest protected bike lane tha…

Started by globalguy

35 Aug 12, 2012
Reply by Melissa

WBEZ's Afternoon Shift Discusses the Biker/Driver Division in "Pet Peeves"

If you aren't listening right now (27 July, 2-3 pm) or didn't hear it, check out the Pod Cast here! Am I the only one or has this whole "Wa…

Started by globalguy

18 Jul 28, 2012
Reply by Far'arned Retrogrumpalunkus #63

What A Great Display of Featured (and Diverse) Local Bike Events for May and June We Have On The Calendar!

Featured Rides & Events Chainlink Bar Night - With Half Acre Cycling at Haymarket and Beer Under Glass May 17, 2012 from 5pm to 11pm…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

4 May 17, 2012
Reply by Serge Lubomudrov

Final Week of Voting for 2011 Alliance For Biking and Walking Photo Contest - Ends November 30th

There's just ONE WEEK LEFT for online, public voting in the 2011 People Powered Movement Photo Contest. Presented by the Alliance for Bi…

0 Nov 25, 2011

Salvaging Abandoned Bikes, Making Room for Others

New York Times link here. I know West Town offers to pick up abandoned bikes. Salvaging Abandoned Bikes, Making Room for Others Joshua Brig…

0 Nov 6, 2011

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service