Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Chainlink is now on Tumblr!

For all you Tumblr users, you should follow The Chainlink! We'll be posting bike-related content with a flair of Chicago cycling. Follow…

Started by Alex in Bikes and Bicycling

2 Jan 10, 2014
Reply by Renee Patten

Taking snow matters into our own hands...

Tricolor wrote: I've been sorely tempted to buy a light plastic snow shovel and take a few hours out of weekends to clear bits of the trail…

Started by Skip Montanaro 0mi in Bikes and Bicycling

7 Jan 10, 2014
Reply by Tricolor

Poser Bags

I want to say thank you to the bicyclist for liberating Violet of her purpose.  Violet is a sewing machine I bought from a friend of mine (…

Started by Skip Tooth in Bikes and Bicycling

30 Jan 10, 2014
Reply by Katie

bike lane revolutionary in Al Jazeera: Bike lanes are, and should be, an affront to car culture

This opinion piece in Al Jazeera lays bare a viewpoint I think we all know (ok, speaking just for myself, I know) to be true:   http://amer…

Started by Jim Shaw in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Jan 10, 2014

Post your Chiberia Videos

Here's mine. A lot filmed by bike, the other part filmed on foot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcVVqrK6Cpk

Started by Ronit in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Jan 10, 2014
Reply by Jaik S.

Divvy Temporarily Closed for Snow

Just got this email, so don't plan to ride Divvy home today:       Good morning. Due t…

Started by Thunder Snow in Bikes and Bicycling

255 Jan 9, 2014
Reply by Duppie

wheelchair in Damen Bike Lane

I was biking south on Damen going towards Grand, when from a distance I saw that looked like someone underneath their car - doing repairs..…

Started by Nancy L. Fagin in Bikes and Bicycling

11 Jan 9, 2014
Reply by Anne Alt

Dollar bike lights spotted at Target

At the near west store. Small, couple different flash settings, those profoundly frustrating pin batteries so I figure they are near to dis…

Started by Haddon in Bikes and Bicycling

13 Jan 9, 2014
Reply by Far'arned Retrogrumpalunkus #63

LFT condition?

Given the mess that Metra is today, I'm contemplating riding tomorrow. Anybody know the condition id LFT? Plowed? Drifts? Impassable? Thx,…

Started by Skip Montanaro 0mi in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Jan 8, 2014
Reply by Andrew Bedno

New Bike / Bike-related Technologies

So I saw this ad for these awesome handlebars, and it got me thinking that it'd be nice to have an ongoing technology thread related to any…

Started by Christine in Bikes and Bicycling

18 Jan 8, 2014
Reply by Tricolor

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service