Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bikes on Amtrak

This is the response I got from Amtrak, about carry-on bicycles on the Hiawatha service.  We need more of us to contact Amtrak and ask fo…

Started by Bob Kastigar in Bikes and Bicycling

5 Jan 14, 2014
Reply by Tricolor

Help Whole Foods Donate to Working Bikes

Hi all! Working Bikes will be receiving donations through Whole Foods' "One Dime at a Time" program this January, February, and March, and…

Started by Marie Akerman in Bikes and Bicycling

3 Jan 14, 2014
Reply by Bob Kastigar

announcing the F-12 Award

Hi, everyone, I'd like to offer this new award to Chainlink (and Chicago Cycling Club) members. Bob The F-12 Award is earned by riding from…

Started by bobweiser in Bikes and Bicycling

3 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by bobweiser

Lakefront Trail Condition?

Does anyone know if the lakefront trail is rideable right now? I want to ride from 53rd Hyde Park to Belmont. Anyone have any recent experi…

Started by Remy Schwartz in Bikes and Bicycling

47 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by Tom Dworzanski

Monday morning diversion from The Atlanta Banana!

http://www.atlbanana.com/beltline-time-trial-cyclist-kills-four/ BELTLINE TIME TRIAL CYCLIST KILLS FOUR ATLANTA, GA–Four people were kill…

Started by Rich S in Bikes and Bicycling

2 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by daWillinChi

Tandem rental?

So I want to do a nice three-day family tour this summer, but my youngest--the seven year-old apple of my eye--doesn't have the speed or st…

Started by Hector Lareau in Bikes and Bicycling

4 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by Lisa Curcio

Ride All Winter? Why?

Chicago winter riders,  Great Lakes Adventure Project is putting together a short article on Chicago's winter cyclist.  However, we can't d…

Started by Tommy H. in Bikes and Bicycling

27 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by Steve Courtright

Lost Bike Bag between Irving and Wilson along Greenview

I wiped out in the awful weather last night around 7pm, somehow my bag must have fallen off or I went over a speedhump and it detached, cou…

Started by Renee Patten in Bikes and Bicycling

4 Jan 12, 2014
Reply by Tom Dworzanski

In memory of a friend and fellow Chicago cyclist

Hi all, I wanted to update everyone on the tragic passing of a friend and fellow Chicago cyclist. On the 22nd of December 2013, James Raple…

Started by Tom Sorrell in Bikes and Bicycling

3 Jan 11, 2014
Reply by Jeff Schneider

Going The Distance

This video is inspiring me to do a Chicago to Green Bay ride this year. Last year I did a Chicago to Port Washington (120 miles). Hope it i…

Started by flores in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Jan 11, 2014

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service