Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Law firm Divvy-scare "press release"-- why does this stuff get published?

What a steaming pile of dung: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/1687528 Obviously just another substanceless vehicle designed to get the law…

Started by h' Zerocats in Bikes and Bicycling

17 Jan 21, 2014
Reply by Mike Keating

Why Chicago business needs protected bike lanes

From today's Crain's Chicago Business online: Why Chicago business needs protected bike lanes By: Donald Wilson December 11, 2012   For yea…

Started by Gene Tenner in Bikes and Bicycling

10 Jan 21, 2014
Reply by Jaik S.

Hmmm

Started by Doug Haynes in Bikes and Bicycling

14 Jan 21, 2014
Reply by Juan 2-3 or more mi.

Cyclist: Driver didn't see me stuck in windshield

Did anyone else see this story? http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/21/cyclist-driver-didnt-see-me-stuck-in-windshield/47188

Started by Louis K in Bikes and Bicycling

5 Jan 21, 2014
Reply by h' Zerocats

A big crash in Oregon means big problems on the North Side

SRAM, the Lincoln Park bike-parts maker, is in the midst of a PR crisis. The company's newfangled breaks failed, spectacularly, at a cyclin…

Started by Gene Tenner in Bikes and Bicycling

9 Jan 21, 2014
Reply by Casey Carnes

Shameless plug

Uptown Bikes, my favorite LBS, is hosting Tuesday Toasts! I happened to stop by last Tuesday and Maria had some homemade chocolate bread th…

Started by Joe Guzzardo in Bikes and Bicycling

3 Jan 21, 2014
Reply by Duppie

The Bike Index is going to be St. Louis's first ever city bike registry!

The Chainlink has been such a big part of our support system since we launched, so we wanted to share some awesome news with you guys: St.…

Started by The Bike Index in Bikes and Bicycling

3 Jan 20, 2014
Reply by Tim Frick

Intentional or accidental?

Found this all along Milwaukee's "protected" bike lane. Sad to see a continuing disregard for cyclists and our cycling infrastructure or wh…

Started by Juan 2-3 or more mi. in Bikes and Bicycling

25 Jan 20, 2014
Reply by Kevin C Dormant

Interesting POV: Let's focus on Getting People to Use Bikes for Short Trips Rather Than Commuting

I like this author's viewpoint.   Though he's writing about the Twin Citeis I think that for the Chicago suburbs he's probably correct too.…

Started by Josh L. in Bikes and Bicycling

8 Jan 20, 2014
Reply by Davo

Green Machine Cycles, Chicago's premier cargo bike shop, is getting a face lift and wants your suggestions

Green Machine Cycles, Chicago's sustainability-focused cargo bike shop at 1634 Montrose, is renovating its space over the next few weeks an…

Started by Green Machine Cycles in Bikes and Bicycling

36 Jan 20, 2014
Reply by Green Machine Cycles

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service