Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bike bags on parked bikes

Hassled again by bike bagLast week, near zero, I went to buy stamps at Loop Station post office at Adams and Dearborn. I locked my bike to…

Started by Elwood Gruschow in Bikes and Bicycling

14 Mar 6, 2014
Reply by Kevin C Dormant

Indoor Bike Parking

Sometimes I like to take my bike inside stores if i can't find a bike rack and/or the weather is bad. #SorryImNotSorry

Started by Juan Boyce in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Mar 6, 2014
Reply by Rich S

Chicago Area League Cycling Instructor Seminars in 2014

I am delighted to announce that a League of American Bicyclists Cycling Instructor Seminar is scheduled at the UIC Campus, Halsted St. and…

Started by Larry Mysz in Bikes and Bicycling

2 Mar 6, 2014
Reply by Larry Mysz

Has anyone ever crashed (or know anyone who has) as a result of too much salt on the road?

I'm a journalist (and year-round rider) working on a story. Get in touch if you have a story or know someone who does. scottklocksin [*at*…

Started by Scott Klocksin in Bikes and Bicycling

10 Mar 6, 2014
Reply by Scott Klocksin

Introducing "Close Calls", website to record your near misses

Close Calls The purpose of Close Calls is to collect data about cyclists’ encounters with inattentive and reckless driving, as well as poo…

Started by Steven Vance in Bikes and Bicycling

16 Mar 5, 2014
Reply by Steven Vance

Cyclists Injure as Many Pedestrians as Drivers?

This article http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/cyclesafety/article3986796.ece argues that, on a per mile traveled basis, cyclists in the…

Started by Jeff Schneider in Bikes and Bicycling

5 Mar 5, 2014
Reply by Vilda

What bike should I get II

I did post a similar question a couple days ago but here we go again after further research.   Ok, so after getting my bike totaled in a cr…

Started by John Wayman in Bikes and Bicycling

9 Mar 5, 2014
Reply by Kevin Mulcky

Glen Ellyn launches bike plan survey

from the Trib, includes a survey residents can fill out. Marc and Rose Southard, Glen Ellyn residents, map out their bike and walking pat…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter) in Bikes and Bicycling

9 Mar 5, 2014
Reply by Linda Royster

Anyone interested in joining our team for the MS Ride in June?

We had a lot of fun last year even if the last 20 miles was into the wind. Here is our link http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/

Started by Piper ZYM in Bikes and Bicycling

2 Mar 4, 2014
Reply by discobandito

Beginners Road Racing Clinic - March 16th!

Hey guys,  We're doing it again this year. Come on out for an introduction to road racing and training techniques. This clinic features pr…

Started by Tuxedo Thunder Cycling in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Mar 4, 2014

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service