Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sprained ankle, braces, and riding

So I haven't ridden in over a week due to a high ankle sprain when going for a run last Monday.  The swelling has gone down and I can hobbl…

Started by Chitown_Mike in Bikes and Bicycling

9 Feb 27, 2015
Reply by Anne Alt

Is there any interest here to start up a version of Iowa's 'Taco Ride' ? * * * *('Food Ride'!)* * * *

http://www.thechainlink.org/events/saturday-morning-donut-ride The first 'Food Ride' will be Eric Struck's 'Saturday Morning Doughnut Rid…

Started by Tom A.K. in Bikes and Bicycling

24 Feb 27, 2015
Reply by Yasmeen

Women's winter biking pants suggestions

Hello ladies, What kind of pants/layers do you wear for winter biking? I've been using a really old (10+ years) pair of pants that have a n…

Started by Mollie in Bikes and Bicycling

8 Feb 26, 2015
Reply by MJ E.

Biking Concept Can Fill a Water Bottle From Thin Air Every Hour

It's an interesting idea for people who are touring longer distances.  Personally on the LFP when I see guys with the camelback water packs…

Started by Haddon in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Feb 26, 2015
Reply by Dean Bekken

Kenneth Robertson was arrested again (1/11/12)...

and charged with Felony Bike Theft. Press Release is below. This should make it much more difficult to beat the two prior felony bike theft…

Started by Kevin C Dormant in Bikes and Bicycling

66 Feb 25, 2015
Reply by David Barish

The technology we need drivers to buy so cycling isn't so dangerous

For decades, most of the safety advances in cars -- seat belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes -- have been designed to keep the people inside…

Started by Gene Tenner in Bikes and Bicycling

6 Feb 24, 2015
Reply by Mike Zumwalt

Countdown Changed at Elston/Diversey/Western

I noticed this today, so forgive me if its already been noted- They reconfigured the countdown timer in all directions at Elston/Diversey/…

Started by Julia 3.5/7.5 mi in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Feb 24, 2015
Reply by Tricolor

Need advice on frozen fingers

I am a newbie to commuting on my bike. My husband and I used to commute to work together but with a change in our schedules (thanks a lot C…

Started by Teresa in Bikes and Bicycling

29 Feb 23, 2015
Reply by Eric R

Biker Hire

I will in Chicago from 13th to 19th June and would like to hire a 700 tourer with rack and possibly disc brakes, plus puncture tool kit/pum…

Started by Steve Piltz in Bikes and Bicycling

4 Feb 23, 2015
Reply by Yasmeen

Bicycle Crossing of Lac Saint-Jean

So, I wonder if our March weather will be anything like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWzKU-NQWDM

Started by David Beazley in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Feb 23, 2015
Reply by Yasmeen

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service