Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Any bicycle astronomy folks out there?

I recently got back into a long-neglected hobby of mine - amateur astronomy. I'm hoping to combine my renewed love of astronomy with cyclin…

Started by kiltedcelt in Bikes and Bicycling

42 Dec 17, 2015
Reply by Tom A.K.

2 of "America’s 10 best new bike lanes of 2015" are in Chicago - Clybourn and Clinton.

Clybourn Seattle has the money, Pittsburgh has the gumption and Tucson has the heart. But when it comes to actually connecting protected bi…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Dec 17, 2015
Reply by Mike Zumwalt

Route advice from downtown to Blue Island

Looking for a somewhat direct route from downtown to Blue Island. Google maps (here) gives me 3 options.  M.L King drive, Halsted to Vincen…

Started by Duppie in Bikes and Bicycling

16 Dec 17, 2015
Reply by Anne Alt

Folding bike bags?

Short version: bought a decent mid-range foldie for $110, replaced a brake cable and got some lights for $50 more... And I'm thinking of ge…

Started by George Berlin in Bikes and Bicycling

7 Dec 17, 2015
Reply by yai danche

Amsterdam AND bike riding .

Ive been there a few times , never have i ridden. Has anyone rented and navigated the city ? What were your thoughts ? Do you have any comp…

Started by Steve Mac in Bikes and Bicycling

5 Dec 17, 2015
Reply by clp

Any discussion of the Clinton lanes going in?

I haven't heard much talk...maybe I missed it...of the new two-way lanes going in on the east side of Clinton, south of Randolph...From Ran…

Started by Brian in Bikes and Bicycling

38 Dec 17, 2015
Reply by Melanie M

Huffington Post Article, "How Bike Shares Are Changing City Life"

There are some good conclusions about bike sharing but needed a bit more fact checking. Chicago was ranked #2 by Bicycling Magazine as a bi…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Dec 16, 2015

Turn Signal Cycling Gloves

https://zackees.com/ Featured on television as a unique holiday gift for the cyclist. Turn Signal Cycling Gloves - "best cycling gloves o…

Started by Tom A.K. in Bikes and Bicycling

5 Dec 15, 2015
Reply by S

Lake Front Path at Fullerton

I recently rode the LFP for the first time since they opened up the new segment by Fullerton and I was disappointed to see that they've alr…

Started by JeffB in Bikes and Bicycling

8 Dec 15, 2015
Reply by Mark

Help out a fellow cyclist hit-and-run-ed on his ride home!

One night in late November my friend and co-worker, Adam Paradis, was riding his bike home, just as so many of us do everyday. This time, t…

Started by Paul Michael Ignacio in Bikes and Bicycling

3 Dec 14, 2015
Reply by Tom A.K.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service