Forum Discussions (15,469)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Clarification on Lisa Kuivinen Tragedy

I'm trying to process what happened to Lisa as someone who rides that route every day. Did Lisa get hit trying to merge with traffic just b…

Started by mweerd in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

52 Aug 25, 2016
Reply by Anne Alt

2014 Raleigh grand sport 62 cm $350 OBO

62 cm. Great condition. Smooth ride. Includes rear wheel mounted gear bag and bottom tube mounted bike pump. Shimano Sora fight deck triple…

Started by Jordan Nelson in Marketplace

0 Aug 25, 2016

If the Center for Disease Control (CDC) studies/ regulates swimming pools because of their tangential relationship to disease...

... then why aren't any environmental authorities studying/regulating doorings because of their negative effects on the obvious environment…

Started by V W in Bikes and Bicycling

4 Aug 24, 2016
Reply by V W

"Traffic deaths on the rise as distracted drivers roam the roads" Chicago Tribune

No Surprise. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-traffic-fatalities-up-met-20160823-story.html

Started by Gage B. in Bikes and Bicycling

4 Aug 24, 2016
Reply by Tom A.K.

So I doored a cyclist yesterday... :(

I was leaving Silvie's yesterday (well, not LEAVING leaving, just had to run outside to grab my amp, was there to perform), and their doors…

Started by BikeScnhook in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

8 Aug 24, 2016
Reply by BikeScnhook

Any info re: fatal bicycle crash on Monday 8/22/16 involving woman (mid-50s)?

All: Does anyone have details on a fatal bike crash that occurred on Monday, 8/22/16 involving a woman in her mid-50s? The deceased is a re…

Started by Liz in Bikes and Bicycling

6 Aug 24, 2016
Reply by Tom A.K.

Riding with an arm injury?

I used to ride about 100 miles a week on a bike that fit me well, and I never had any problems with any kind of joint pain. I switched jobs…

Started by Cara in Bikes and Bicycling

5 Aug 24, 2016
Reply by peter moormann

Indoor secure parking around Monroe and Franklin?

Heyo y'all. I've been researching this Q and it's been asked a few times for this area, but most discussion seemed to be a few years old. A…

Started by Eric Goodwin in Bikes and Bicycling

3 Aug 23, 2016
Reply by Brittney

Bike on Metra - a suggestion

I saw this out in San Francisco a few years ago - when you got on a train they handed out tags to put on your bike to indicate where you we…

Started by Bob Kastigar in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Aug 23, 2016

200 Mile ride to Grand Rapids, MI

Hi all! I'm new on here!!  I am planning a 200 mile (nearly 200, I'm rounding up!) ride to Grand Rapids, MI in early October and raising mo…

Started by Sloan Dorr in Bikes and Bicycling

15 Aug 23, 2016
Reply by Bob Kastigar

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service