Forum Discussions (15,468)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

group of ladies doing long distance bike ride looking for a place to stay on 6/21

I was contacted recently by a group of 4 ladies who are doing a long distance bike ride. They are riding into the city on 6/21 and looking…

Started by Anne Alt in Bikes and Bicycling

7 May 14, 2017
Reply by Anne Alt

South Shore Trains To Begin Bike Service

Woot! http://abc7chicago.com/news/south-shore-trains-to-begin-bike-service/1252155/ Indiana Dunes, here we come!

Started by Fran Kondorf in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

42 May 13, 2017
Reply by Allan

This would be an excellent answer to the recent "crackdown" of cyclists riding through the North Shore. Who's with me?

Riders arrived at every stop sign in a single file, coming to a complete stop and filing through the intersection only once they were given…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

27 May 13, 2017
Reply by Allan

Misericordia candy day

The volunteers are out this weekend for Misericordia. If you see 'em, don't just ride by. Any small donation gets you a little bag of jelly…

Started by mike w. in Bikes and Bicycling

1 May 13, 2017
Reply by Allan

Your Divvy overage fees: Has it been worth the $ spent, why or why not?

Hi, Chainlinkers! I am a semi-frequent Divvy user and DNAinfo reporter doing a story on Divvy overage fees and whether you think paying th…

Started by Alisa Hauser in Bikes and Bicycling

10 May 13, 2017
Reply by Allan

recommend a fender set and a rack for touring

I've recently obtained an old, but solid Trek 520 for touring purposes. I'd like to add a fender and rear rack (and also a front rack in th…

Started by Kelly in Bikes and Bicycling

16 May 12, 2017
Reply by gjc

Looking for a Female Ride Leader for Next Thursday in Deerfield

Lady Bike Friends - I started ladies bike ride in Deerfield on Thursday night's. I can't lead the ride next Thursday, May 18 and am looking…

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter) in Bikes and Bicycling

0 May 12, 2017

STOLEN BIKE ALERT: Bullitt, stolen in Lakeview

Please keep an eye out for this Bullitt, stolen in Lakeview

Started by Yasmeen in Chicago Cycling News and Topics

0 May 12, 2017

Bear chases man on bike

Interesting video of a bear chasing a mountain biker. https://www.dpreview.com/videos/2881332822/bear-chasing-biker-is-the-reason-pov-came

Started by Louis K in Bikes and Bicycling

0 May 11, 2017

Driver gets 3 years in jail for intentionally running over cyclist - I feel like I'm missing something.

A driver in the UK has just been sentenced to three years for intentionally chasing after a cyclists on his car and running him over (Video…

Started by Marcelo Marcos in Bikes and Bicycling

2 May 10, 2017
Reply by Jim Reho

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service