Forum Discussions (15,468)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Silly, Illogical Bike Rules

As cyclists, we see loads of silly rules... this morning was a really annoying one. I'm curious if Chicago also has silly rules about when…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

13 Jun 27, 2018
Reply by Yasmeen

Small Gray 3-speed Torker mixte

Small size aluminum frame, good for someone between 5' and 5'9". It has a 3-speed internal Sturmey Archer drivetrain, drum brakes, reflecti…

Started by yai danche in Marketplace

3 Jun 25, 2018
Reply by yai danche

Chicago to Madison

It has been quite a few years since the discussion on routes has been posted.  I am looking for a route on paved roads or trails from Chica…

Started by Steve Fiete in Bikes and Bicycling

2 Jun 25, 2018
Reply by Brian

Red means stop

One thing that irks me are other cyclists that don't follow the rules. These are the cyclists that give all others who do, a bad name. Guy…

Started by Ernesto Lube in Bikes and Bicycling

129 Jun 25, 2018
Reply by BikeScnhook

My podcast episode...about cycling!

Hey, all...I host a couple of retro video gaming podcasts. Well...for Pie Factory Podcast, my cohost Jim and I were joined by a friend (who…

Started by BikeScnhook in Bikes and Bicycling

1 Jun 25, 2018
Reply by dav

Off-Leash Overnighter 219 route posted

There’s only 3 miles of on-street cycling between Homewood and Oak Ridge Prairie in Griffith, Ind. The NW Indiana bike path system is funky…

Started by Steve Buchtel in Bikes and Bicycling

0 Jun 24, 2018

what's happening on the lakefront at Oakwood?

Does anyone know what's being set up along the path at around Oakwood/3900 S.? And how long it will be there? I'm fearing the worst on my d…

Started by Teresa in Bikes and Bicycling

4 Jun 23, 2018
Reply by Filka Bean

Good ways to listen to the radio?

Sometimes I pass or am passed by a cyclist listning to NPR. I think it would be nice to have NPR playing while I ride to work. Anyone have…

Started by Alex Z in Bikes and Bicycling

3 Jun 22, 2018
Reply by BikeScnhook

Sportif Importer on Lawrence Closing?

I am not able to confirm this, but I was told that Sportif Importer on Lawrence is closing and is currently having a buy one bike get one f…

Started by Matt Talbert in Bikes and Bicycling

7 Jun 22, 2018
Reply by Matt Talbert

When The Commute Brings Something Special

My apartment building is at the bottom of a hill in DC. It's a great neighborhood, I can bike downtown very quickly, and it's right by lots…

Started by Yasmeen in Bikes and Bicycling

14 Jun 22, 2018
Reply by Anne Alt

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service