The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,329)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

CDOT's Gabe Klein discusses the location of the next cycle track, re-opening Queen's Landing, Critical Mass and more

Today Grid Chicago talks with new CDOT Commissioner Gabe Klein, who tells us about  possible locations for a pedestrian scramble and for th…

Started by John Greenfield

13 Jul 23, 2011
Reply by Anne Alt

Tour De France Bike Mechanics Video

Video here  

Started by Julie Aberman (Hochstadter)

4 Jul 23, 2011
Reply by Adam "Cezar" Jenkins

Critical Mass Happy Hour at The Bedford

Before every Wicker Park ride, The Bedford is dishing out beer and a whiskey for $5 from 5-6:15pm. Check out more here, or follow The Bedfo…

Started by Johnny Auer

2 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by Adam "Cezar" Jenkins

Chicago to Western Suburbs (route suggestions)

Hey everybody. On 4th of July weekend I rode from Pilsen to Westmont. The metra blackout and wonderful weather inspired me.   I took 26th s…

Started by MK

15 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by wn

Come to the ribbon cutting for the new protected bike lane Monday!

With the installation of new bridge plates over the Chicago River, the Kinzie Street protected bike lane is now complete! Please join Act…

Started by Active Transportation Alliance

0 Jul 22, 2011

Looking for Suburb Bike Route ~ 25 miles

I've heard the suburbs have great bike paths, but have never ventured out of the city. I don't have a car, so I've never invested the time…

Started by Lugo

7 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by Emily Schick

I was pleased to see Velomobiles used in France in a documentary back when the Nazis invaded.

Too bad the design never really took off. They looked like practical fun.

Started by Juan 2-3 or more mi.

5 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by Juan 2-3 or more mi.

Hope for Diversey in the 1st ward?!

Hey, so riding east from Logan/Avondale I see they're resurfacing Diversey between Western and California - anyone in the 1st ward?  Please…

Started by Carter O'Brien

1 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by Carter O'Brien

Broken Spokes

On my bike this morning and noticed my rear tire woobly. Second time this has happened. I have 2 broken spokes now and I'm in downtown. My…

Started by David Ramos

15 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by Far'arned Retrogrumpalunkus #63

Bike hit-and-run, 7/20 @14 and Michigan: any updates?

We witnessed the aftermath of a pretty horrific collision yesterday. From what others in our building saw, the original person who hit the…

Started by Meg Matthews

3 Jul 21, 2011
Reply by Meg Matthews

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service