The Chainlink

Bikes and Bicycling (12,330)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New Year New Rides

I am thinking about maybe starting a couple of social rides to try to reconnect with old friends and make news ones. I'm seeking input and…

Started by ______ido______

0 Jun 7, 2021

Weber Spur: any update?

May 26th marks the 6-year anniversary of a meeting held on the north side to explore this bike path.  This had the support of the local ald…

Started by Bob Kastigar

5 Jun 2, 2021
Reply by MagMileMarauder

Portugal Is Riding a Boom in Bicycles

To meet a jump in demand, the country’s bike-making industry is building new factories, hiring workers, and dealing with parts shortages. V…

Started by Bob Kastigar

0 Jun 2, 2021

Cycling to Kenosha

Hi, I was looking at the thread on bicyling to Milwaukee and noticed that many of the posts go back nearly a decade.  I'd like to ride from…

Started by Radfahrer

7 May 29, 2021
Reply by Bob Kastigar

Bicyclist struck by vehicle, critically injured, in Little Village

A man was struck by a vehicle as he rode his bicycle Wednesday morning in Little Village on the Southwest Side. The man, who is between 25…

Started by Bob Kastigar

2 May 29, 2021
Reply by curt(is) locke

Wheel Building 101 - Spoke Calculations

These tools for spoke calculations are also available: Damon Rinard's Spocalc on Harris Cyclery's website. DT Swiss' spoke calculator ...an…

Started by Matt M. 18.5KM

8 May 27, 2021
Reply by Matt M. 18.5KM

Trainer - Wahoo Kickr Snap - Brand New

Wahoo Kickr Snap bicycle trainer.  I tried it once, realized it was not for me, but cannot return it.  Selling for $75 less than I paid fo…

Started by Erikita

0 May 12, 2021

Bikes on CTA trains during COVID

Hey all, does anyone know if the CTA is enforcing the rush hour ban on bikes during covid? I know that trains aren’t very crowded these day…

Started by TheGazelle

5 May 11, 2021
Reply by TheGazelle

Bicycle advocacy

With covid and trillions of dollars being thrown,  does anyone have ideas what are good organizations to join to promote safer and better i…

Started by Amy Y

2 May 11, 2021
Reply by John Greenfield

Evanston virtual Ride of Silence

The Evanston  Ride of  Silence is virtual this year. Some of this year's rides are virtual  and some are actual.  Check www.rideofsilence.o

Started by David Barish

0 May 3, 2021

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service