The Chainlink

And wow! People are already dressing like they're from Hoth (ice planet from Empire Strikes Back. I think I just threw up my nerd flag.)! I find that folks are so ready to don tundra attire up here. But I still cling (foolishly?) to shorts until the low '40s.

Views: 47

Replies to This Discussion

I wore mittens and a scarf this AM, but still kept away from the parka.
...but I had to remove my scarf half way.

The worst part about this time of year is the fogging of my sunglasses when i stop at red lights...anyway to prevent that?

;) Happy Fall!
I've heard some mystical voodoo involving toothpaste on sunglasses in order to do away with fogging. But I don't totally remember the specifics...

Abby said:
I wore mittens and a scarf this AM, but still kept away from the parka.
...but I had to remove my scarf half way.

The worst part about this time of year is the fogging of my sunglasses when i stop at red lights...anyway to prevent that?

;) Happy Fall!
I wore shorts yesterday but switched to pants this morning. I like to save the warm clothing for those days in the teens and twenties. Though last year the high twenties started feeling pretty warm at one point...
I'll wear shorts til the low 40's, but low 50's I'll put the fleece jersey on. No jacket until its either REALLY windy, or cold stuff is falling from the sky, or its below freezing.
I've been wearing Jeans for a week now, Still rolled all the way up though. I tend to over dress though.
I hate to say it, but this is a timely thread again. Two mornings in a row now its been about 50 when I rolled out of the garage. Full finger gloves, layers of jerseys, before Labor Day. Sigh.
oooh! it's not summer anymore. i have unpacked the wool sweater, full gloves & knickers. my favorite trick is the mini-thermos full of hot espresso in the jersey pocket!
I'll wear shorts as much as possible and layer the top but even today a t-shirt, long sleeve and hoody was enough, though I took the train/bus and wore pants today.

The only problem I get in the cold is the aching muscles because of the cold exercise.

The part I hate this time of year are the days that the temps change during the day, drastically like 65 to 35 wore a hoody to work froze on the way home, kind of stuff.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service