The Chainlink

Bike Movers-

I am planning on moving Sunday, May 31st. I'm in the Lincoln Square area and will probably only be moving a few blocks, but I am planning to do it without a car. It most likely won't be too hard of a move and I can probably do it on my own, but if anyone is interested in joining in the effort, I'd love to have you. I've never done a move by bike, but I'm hoping this will work out.

Let me know if you would like to help! Beer, drinks and pizza will definitely be provided.

Views: 50

Replies to This Discussion

BEER - I am in....I have a lil dog trailer I can use for light boxes and such...I once used it for groceries and stuffed it with like 8 paper bags and a 12 pack of beer!
I'm available with my small trailer. Just tell me where and when and try to make it stuffed spinach pizza.
I can help in the morning - panniers, basket, bags, backpack and will tow a trailer if one can be borrowed.
I've helped out with several bike moves and will be glad to come out and help with yours too if we can start early enough on Sunday so I can take off by 1 PM in the afternoon.
Awesome! It's great to have so many volunteers. Now I'm not really sure what the proper ettiquette is for having volunteer bike movers, but I'll try to make it as easy as I can. If anyone has any pointers on that I'd really appreciate it.

I'd like to start the moving early in the morning on Sunday (8 AM) and hopefully have everything moved and be eating pizza and drinking beer by noon. That may be unreasonable, but I'm hoping it could work! Mostly I'll have a lot of boxes. The bike stuff is: 2 dressers, a fullsize bed with box spring, a sofa set (it's very cheaply made), and a small desk.

My trailer is pretty heavy duty and can definitely handle the big stuff, but I'd be more than happy to let others tow it since that is going to be the fun part.

Thanks again and I will update with more information as the time comes closer. If you have any advice please do share!
This advice from Jody: The superbig trailer is a haul - be sure to have a beater bike for this - I have dents in my frame from pulling huge loads. Adjust your brakes for the extra weight, too!
Correcting my post after realizing I missed the date - duh!

I can help on the 31st too!

My advice: the best thing you can do is truly be packed by move day. Liquor stores are good sources of small, heavy-duty cardboard boxes. Have the safest route for the bikes plotted out ( mapped on a flyer if the route takes a few turns), advise everyone to turn corners nice and slowly, and take LOTS OF PICTURES to post here - yay!
Have a good move! It's one day when I may well be using my trailer, so I can't help even to lend it.
Bike Movers!

Just a heads up that we are ON for a bike move this Sunday, May 31, meeting up at 9:30 am in the Lincoln Square neighborhood. Jami's old home and new home are only a few blocks away from each other, and judging by the list of goods, this move will be finished in the morning. All details will follow within a day or so.

We have 7 volunteers with trailers so far, including Jami's own huge trailer that can handle the two biggest items.

Please clear your Sunday morning and pass the word.
Thanks!
Rachel
Bike Movers, We are ON for 9:30 am this Sunday, May 31, to help Jami move from 4844 N. Washtenaw to 4859 N. Rockwell in Lincoln Square.

That's a short move, but the goods will come down 3 floors and go up 1. So HELP IS NEEDED and we can show what bikes can do!!! Bring cameras!

It would help to have a fresh count of volunteers, so please message back, post, or call me, Rachel, at 773-295-8190 or Jami at 773-841-3979.

OH, and Jami wants to know what kind of pizza everybody likes!?!
I'll be there Sunday morning. I'm no good for carrying stuff up and down stairs, but I can haul some of the big or heavy stuff on my trailer. And another vote for spinach pizza!
Thank you so much to Todd and Kathy for helping me move. I'll have the pictures up soon!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service