Traffic 'round these parts dropped off pretty dramatically a few weeks ago... hard to tell from the "I rode today" thread who's still riding, as one would have to conclude that Gene is the only one out there most days by reading it....

Who's sticking it out and plans to continue to ride pretty much every day regardless of weather?

(Was winter 2013;   2014 starts on p. 36;   2015 starts on p. 61)

Views: 18890

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is still Chicago--do not despair.  Winter in some form will come.

Jennifer said:

Anyone else frustrated by the lake of winterness so far? I spent all that money on a winter bike, winter tuneup, and replacement winter gear, and we get Spring in December. I'm starting to feel robbed.

Are you really complaining about unseasonably warm weather that makes it wildly more pleasant to bike around town?

Jennifer said:

Anyone else frustrated by the lake of winterness so far? I spent all that money on a winter bike, winter tuneup, and replacement winter gear, and we get Spring in December. I'm starting to feel robbed.

No.

Jennifer said:

Jennifer,

You will get all your use out of it! Winter is long!

I am still riding. I will as long as the snow doesn't get too deep. New studded snow tires mounted and ready to go.

Actually due to the unusually warm weather this fall the winter tunes are being extended to March 31 so the nice weather is making you money.

Jennifer said:

Not that I mind giving money to Rapid Transit, I just wish I'd waited a few paychecks this time.

Jennifer said:

No, I'm complaining about all the money I already gave to Rapid Transit in anticipation of normal Nov-Dec weather.

notoriousDUG said:

Are you really complaining about unseasonably warm weather that makes it wildly more pleasant to bike around town?

Jennifer said:

I've ridden every day for the last 7, for possibly my highest  mileage week of the year.  Most of the rides started late afternoon, sunsets have been great.  This was Tuesday's.

Very cool, Mark, but where is the wind farm?  I am pretty sure we don't have one in Chicago ;-)

Lisa, I believe that picture was taken in Stark county, but there are closer wind farms to Chicago.

Haven't been riding much lately due to work related travel, but rode in to work this morning. Wet streets, but no rain. Not bad....

I'm putting my kids through their second bike winter this year. They are 5 and 2. The 5 year old has just finally gotten the courage to ride on wet roadways so we'll see if I end up hauling her when it gets snowy along with her brother or not. We finally gave up our second car (to theivery) so this is pretty much our only option for the couple of miles to and from school every day.

I am thinking I will be wimpy and break out the goggles in the morning.  My eyes were cold on the way home. :-)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service