WikeLane-thisbigcity How citizens built their own bicycle network. AWESOME!

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome story! 

Where there's a will there's a way

Hardcore!

Wasn't there a story here about a year ago of someone also painting their own bike lanes bandit style?

Toronto citizens have an organized guerilla bike-lane painting group, complete with website, called Urban Repair Squad, with the motto, "They say the city is broke. We fix. No charge."  They even have a manual to download.

It's sad that citizens elsewhere have to resort to these steps because their government leaders aren't listening, and we're lucky in Chicago to be heading in the right direction, in terms of bicycling infrastructure.

Michelle!  What a great site.  And I so agree that Chicago is lucky with the direction, and backing, the city has.  (Did we meet at the Active Trans meeting by chance?)

Michelle Stenzel said:

Toronto citizens have an organized guerilla bike-lane painting group, complete with website, called Urban Repair Squad, with the motto, "They say the city is broke. We fix. No charge."  They even have a manual to download.

It's sad that citizens elsewhere have to resort to these steps because their government leaders aren't listening, and we're lucky in Chicago to be heading in the right direction, in terms of bicycling infrastructure.

No, I couldn't make it to the AT meeting last week, but hopefully we can meet soon at another event!

Michelle Gregorek said:

Michelle!  What a great site.  And I so agree that Chicago is lucky with the direction, and backing, the city has.  (Did we meet at the Active Trans meeting by chance?)

Michelle Stenzel said:

cool

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service