The Chainlink

It's one of our favorite days of the year, we hope you can join us in the morning for Dark Matter coffee and Eli's cheesecake.

New this year, we'll be at Monk's after work with Revolution Brewing for post-work treats.

Sign up for the raffle in the morning or early evening and be eligible to win cool prizes. You don't need to be present to win (except for one of them).

$100 MB Financial bank gift card

WXRT-FM Studio X voucher good for access to one Studio X show in 2014

$100 REI gift card

Case of CLIF Bars

VIP MB Financial Bank Bike the Drive registration (must be present at Monk’s to win)

Here's the flyer for the events: WbtWd_flyers.pdf

Thanks much,

Ethan Spotts, Active Trans

Views: 1444

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I usually ride down for the sport of it and to volunteer, but man, last year that marble ground was so cold - I can't imagine what it will feel like this year. Feet warmers are a must for all of you working the event. Almost worth laying down cardboard or something between feet and that ground.

I hope to see some of you there!

Ha! Yes, a box of hand/feet warmers arrived today at our office, thankfully.

Hope to see lots of you on Tuesday!

Glad to hear that.  I was going to bring some for you.

Don't forget the scarves and mittens.  Might be a good day for those ugly, scratchy, but warm wool snow pants that our mothers used to put on us before the advent of technical fabrics. ;-)

Active Transportation Alliance said:

Ha! Yes, a box of hand/feet warmers arrived today at our office, thankfully.

Hope to see lots of you on Tuesday!

Bejabbers! The national weather service is now forecasting 6-12 inches overnight in areas near the lake. Hope they are wrong.

Yes, but it is not going to be quite as cold as they were forecasting. :-)  Seriously, snow will send me to the train while cold will not.  Hope they are wrong, too.

ditto.

If its cold I will put a little bit more on and will still ride. If its snowing more than dust I will have to bail. My commute is about 14 miles and I will not do it in anything more than dust or flurries.  Aarrgh, we will wait and see.

Lisa Curcio 4.1 mi said:

Yes, but it is not going to be quite as cold as they were forecasting. :-)  Seriously, snow will send me to the train while cold will not.  Hope they are wrong, too.

I may have to ride around the track at the office in honor of those brave souls who will do it for real.

We'll still be there with hot coffee for anyone who does bike in! Plus, we'll be at Monk's after work and anyone can join us for a Rev Brew beer. Only bicyclists will get the $1.50 slider special, however.

Thanks,

Ethan, Active Trans

I'll be riding from Oak Park to Bellwood. I doubt if I'll see anyone else :)
I came partway back from the loop this evening - got to Grand and Milwaukee before I bailed and hopped on the train. The drifting and blowing + cold + slippery inch of snow was too much for me. If it's clear in the morning, I'll attempt it, but I don't think I can get from Logan to Loop in this much snow :/

I'm sad to miss it today, but I didn't even want to Divvy in this much snow.

Same; I even tried but I almost fell over twice navigating over the snow ridges!

Taking the Grand bus I saw that Grand and other major streets were free of snow; maybe I should've just stuck to the major arterials rather than my normal route and it would've been okay.

Julie M. said:

I'm sad to miss it today, but I didn't even want to Divvy in this much snow.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service