The Chainlink

Share your pics, videos, streets, stories of what you find in the bike lane of the non-bike variety that has an impact on your ride and/or your safety. I've decided to keep it a little more open ended - cars, snow, buses, garbage, cabs, etc. If they shouldn't be in the bike lane, go ahead and add it to this thread. Please be safe if you are taking pics or video! :-) 

My hope is that we can collectively build some evidence of what we see when riding in the city with the overall hope of better enforcement of "bikes only" and improving maintenance. 

Update: More Hashtags to Capture Vehicles in the Bike Lane

With popular hashtags:
#BikeLaneShaming

#LaneSpreading (Chicago Bike Selling)

#ClearTheWay (ActiveTrans), there are many options to capture violations.

We think you should use ALL of them AND post your photos on The Chainlink. ;-)

Views: 83385

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That platform could take your head off!

Anyone else see the pile of snow at Dearborn and Lake this morning? Presumably, it was there for a photo shoot. There was a forlorn looking women in a Canada Goose standing in the snow in the middle of the Dearborn bike lane, causing all the rush hour commuters to swerve and slide around her. Some crew looking guys were standing by.

It was all very frustrating. I should have stopped to photograph the debacle. Hopefully someone else did.

I retweeted a few of the pics I saw on our Chainlink Twitter feed (you can see it on the left on our homepage). 

Any chance you know what company the truck is with? Since I've taken to twitter with these, I've seen a few responses.

That's a Breakthru Beverage truck - they used to be Wirtz Beverage.
A park job like that makes me wonder if the driver has been sampling the product.

Thanks! The alderman is going to place a call to the tavern and follow up. 

More snow in Dearborn bike lane from the photo shoot:

Is this as slippery as it looks?

It seemed pretty slippery, but was also pretty thick so I sort of walked through the thicker parts.  It was definitely an unknown compared to regular snow.

Thanks to everyone for posting these pics with locations and dates. I started tweeting out some of these yesterday, including company Twitter accounts. The good news is that I have been receiving some responses, one including an alderman that will be personally following up. If you spot a vehicle in the bike lane, it's always helpful to know what company it is, location, and a good, clear pic of the vehicle in the bike lane. Thanks again for posting! 

New City at it again on Elston near Homer this morning.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service