I don't know a lot about good frames but I do know that you can make an awesome bike out of a crappy frame too!
OK - I'm still going to keep asking folks, but officially - the word is out... Little Jody is looking for a frame!
- Small as possible, but not kid sized
- step-through, women-specific, or mixte style
- lightweight as possible w/o being high end snazzy
- more attracted to old school unique funk than shiny new-ness
- building for commuting and being left outside a lot!
What else should be on my requirements list? Did Sheldon Brown leave us any specific pointers in this area??
Frame is one thing on a bike that you don't want to go cheap on. It makes a huge difference in your riding experience as well as safety. Trick to finding a good frame is riding all the ones you can get your hands on and find something that meets your needs...
-Ali root said:I don't know a lot about good frames but I do know that you can make an awesome bike out of a crappy frame too!