You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105541

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my Cthulhu, here we go again...

Cthulhu??  Is that like a Sharonna?

Oh, wait, I see -- it's your variant on the All Mighty (Flying Spaghetti Monster.)

Peace Be With You,

Live Long & Prosper,

Free Refills with Every Purchase,

Curt Spins

John Wilson 6.0 said:

Don't speak HIS name in vain!
Nyarlathotep . . . the crawling chaos . . . I am the last . . . I will tell the audient void. . . .

Steve

John Wilson 6.0 said:

While biking home along Madison, I met up with two Divvy bicyclist just as they passed under Wells in the bike lane --- HEADING EAST. I should have told them they're going the wrong way, but can't they tell with ALL the cars going in one direction?

I am not sure what that is supposed to mean but I can't fit pampers under my lycra....it ruins my areo effect on my commuter.

curt(is) locke said:

And don't forget to wear your Pampers, Mike.

Chitown_Mike said:

On 8/27 on Harts Rd at Caldwell

You: older gent, hybrid with a noisy chain and derailleur.

I have never seen you before but I ride the same path every day and see many of the same cars, you blowing the light at a slow speed does nothing but make my life hell as I need to dance around angry driver's who see a cyclist blow a light. 

I yelled out, "It's a RED LIGHT!" 

You responded 1/2 through the intersection, "It is green now." (as the light went green when you were 1/2 way through)

And the proceeded to putz along at your mediocre pace of "just enough momentum to not fall over" speed, which pushed me into the traffic lane to pass you safely.  And I did not purposely look at you at the next light because I would have unleashed some not thoroughly thought out words like I can now.

If you want to ride like that, and at that slow a speed, there is a large sidewalk that is normally unused and most of the cops don't mind over there.  You may, for the safety of others, consider using it.  Otherwise learn to cue up BEHIND other riders until you know you are moving faster, shoaling just proves your d-baggedness and makes you look like you have diminished mental prowess on a bicycle.

Ride safe or take the bus.

To the young woman riding east on Polk Street on a black and yellow 'cross bike:

If you're going to ride in the drops, you should consider wearing underpants. The visualization of the intergluteal sulcus is always a touchy issue, best avoided. ;-)

And to the driver of the shiny black pick-up truck that stopped next to me while I was waiting for the light to change at Hubbard and Oakley, then just went on through the red:

I suppose you might have done that to show me what motorists feel when cyclists blow red lights, but I suspect you're really just a self-important prick taking advantage of a police-free intersection. Am I right?

Steve

Steve

You beast.

Steve Weeks said:

To the young woman riding east on Polk Street on a black and yellow 'cross bike:

If you're going to ride in the drops, you should consider wearing underpants. The visualization of the intergluteal sulcus is always a touchy issue, best avoided. ;-)

Steve

I've had similar experiences on Adams and Van Buren.

SC said:

While biking home along Madison, I met up with two Divvy bicyclist just as they passed under Wells in the bike lane --- HEADING EAST. I should have told them they're going the wrong way, but can't they tell with ALL the cars going in one direction?

Was this around 4 or 4:15 on Thursday? If so I saw those people. Was sort of shocking in its brazenness. And all the westbound cyclists I saw encounter them veered into the traffic lane to avoid.

SC said:

Yes. It was around 4:15-4:30 went I saw them approaching me in the bike lane. They weren't going fast. They were casually biking. I went to the right of the bike lane to avoid them. After they went by me, I stopped and waited at the red light at Wells. I looked back to see if these guys were still biking the wrong way. And sure enough, they were and at LaSalle already.

Alex Z said:

Was this around 4 or 4:15 on Thursday? If so I saw those people. Was sort of shocking in its brazenness. And all the westbound cyclists I saw encounter them veered into the traffic lane to avoid.

SC said:

Does this qualify as "hate speech"?  ;-)

Steve

curt(is) locke said:

You beast.

To the "TAIPAN" license-plated, foul-mouthed idiot who blew the stop sign at the lakefront trail and Belmont Harbor and denied it when confronted ... GFY.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service