The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To the awful biker twat with the blue/green/yellow hair extensions. The Wicker Six Corners is shitty enough without  an ass like you rolling all the way out into traffic. When I yelled "Move it Green" that didn't work, so I had to swerve around you, between moving cars.  I then said "Nice job blocking fucking traffic" as I rode away. I'm sure you didn't hear it. If i were to run into this situation again I think I'd just stop and curse you out for being SO FUCKING DUMB.

Chick Cyclist, white helmet, HUGE BACKPACK, Orange Masi, Southbound on Damen near Roscoe this morning 8/27. You decided it was ok to pass between me and a  large moving Chevy econovan cause you said "on your left." I yelled "Are you fucking retarded?" No response. Maybe you are to dumb to say anything but "on your left." If I had even leaned my bike i woulda touched you. That's too close you moron. Wait for cars to clear than ride like an idiot. And all that effort made so much difference as I caught you at Addison AND Diversey.

Oh don't bother worrying about it. I still follow emails here but I don't post anymore because I don't post where people are not welcome regardless of ability. I guess I'm done with Chainlink.

rwein5 said:

Retarded? Really? Are hoping to re-stoke the ultimate flame war of 2014?

I'm sure no one's really noticed, so it's a good thing you've weighed in to let us know.

Michelle said:

Oh don't bother worrying about it. I still follow emails here but I don't post anymore because I don't post where people are not welcome regardless of ability. I guess I'm done with Chainlink.

rwein5 said:

Maybe they've noticed the lack of people posting threats of sexual violence towards women who are trying to address the use of hate speech on this website.

Fuck. I'm so glad I removed myself from this community.

Simon Phearson said:

I'm sure no one's really noticed, so it's a good thing you've weighed in to let us know.

Michelle said:

rwein5 said:

Your repeated assertions of having removed yourself from the community remain unsubstantiated. And nice spin on that previous conversation. Because that's not a self-serving mischaracterization at all.

Don't you have some books you could be pretending to understand?

Michelle said:

Maybe they've noticed the lack of people posting threats of sexual violence towards women who are trying to address the use of hate speech on this website.

Simon Phearson said:

Michelle said:

rwein5 said:

I called a dude an asshole and someone responded by telling me I needed "a good pounding." That was the final straw toward closing the comments. It's not a mischaracterization at all. This is a website full of people who claim to be good citizens and are not.

Simon Phearson said:

Your repeated assertions of having removed yourself from the community remain unsubstantiated. And nice spin on that previous conversation. Because that's not a self-serving mischaracterization at all.

Michelle said:

Simon Phearson said:

Michelle said:

rwein5 said:

Thought this was missed connections not PC Police, look at my outrage?

"PC Police" is another way of saying "I do not give a shit who my words and actions affect negatively because I just want to say them." 

Tim S said:

Thought this was missed connections not PC Police, look at my outrage?

Perhaps if Chainlinkers don't want to have these discussions in various threads they could just STOP saying those words.

Michelle, this really isn't the thread to derail with this argument or your ostentatious self-martyrdom, so I'm not going to engage after this comment, but if this is your genuine impression of what happened in that other thread, you need to take a long, careful look at your analytical skills. Because they are misserving you here.

You called a dude an asshole and advocated for his physical assault because he used the word "retarded" as a "slur." When you were called out for being an classist asshole, yourself, you insisted that your actions were beyond reproach, refusing to acknowledge your own privilege. Someone eventually posted a photoshopped cel from a comic book where Iron Man tells Captain America that maybe he needs some "solid dick," which I understand was once a way of referring to a frank discussion. That "understanding" may be only apocryphal, but certainly that reading was consistent with the present context. That the phrase also has a sexual connotation in modern parlance is certainly true, and was likely part of the intended "humor" in posting it, but the cel didn't in anyway suggest that the "solid dick" would be in the form of sexual violence towards women, as you've asserted here.

Hypocritically and not surprisingly, despite your own implied threats of violence, you reacted to that comment in the most extreme way imaginable, but to be clear, your massive derail of that thread was responsible for its freezing, not the sub-scandal raised toward the very end of it.

Since I don't want that fate to fall upon this active and well-liked thread, this is the last I'm going to say about it. But suffice it to say that I am skeptical many in this community miss being reminded that you're superior to all of them.

Michelle Milham said:

I called a dude an asshole and someone responded by telling me I needed "a good pounding." That was the final straw toward closing the comments. It's not a mischaracterization at all. This is a website full of people who claim to be good citizens and are not.

Simon Phearson said:

Michelle said:

Simon Phearson said:

Michelle said:

rwein5 said:

Sorry, when I read pictures on the internet I don't go back to what they meant in the 1950s. That was a sexual threat dude. 

And yes I derailed that thread. I'll derail this one too. Until SOMEONE here at the chainlink makes a decision that hate speech and sexual harrasment will not be tolerated. 

Also, there is really no need to put the word "slur" in quotes. The word is a slur. 

Also, I did not ask anyone to go beat this guy up or advocate for his assault. I said "I hope someday someone hits you for using this word." Which is neither of those things. I say that to my own brother who loves using the N word on a daily basis too. They'd deserve 1 smack in the face as a wake up call. 

Also the claims of "classism" are laughable. I'm lower middle class myself. It's not that hard to say "oh... it's offensive? Why?" if you don't understand instead of defending your need to be offensive to people. There is nothing classist about calling out hate speech and then calling out that defensiveness about hate speech is an asshole move.

Simon Phearson said:

Michelle, this really isn't the thread to derail with this argument or your ostentatious self-martyrdom, so I'm not going to engage after this comment, but if this is your genuine impression of what happened in that other thread, you need to take a long, careful look at your analytical skills. Because they are misserving you here.

You called a dude an asshole and advocated for his physical assault because he used the word "retarded" as a "slur." When you were called out for being an classist asshole, yourself, you insisted that your actions were beyond reproach, refusing to acknowledge your own privilege. Someone eventually posted a photoshopped cel from a comic book where Iron Man tells Captain America that maybe he needs some "solid dick," which I understand was once a way of referring to a frank discussion. That "understanding" may be only apocryphal, but certainly that reading was consistent with the present context. That the phrase also has a sexual connotation in modern parlance is certainly true, and was likely part of the intended "humor" in posting it, but the cel didn't in anyway suggest that the "solid dick" would be in the form of sexual violence towards women, as you've asserted here.

Hypocritically and not surprisingly, despite your own implied threats of violence, you reacted to that comment in the most extreme way imaginable, but to be clear, your massive derail of that thread was responsible for its freezing, not the sub-scandal raised toward the very end of it.

Since I don't want that fate to fall upon this active and well-liked thread, this is the last I'm going to say about it. But suffice it to say that I am skeptical many in this community miss being reminded that you're superior to all of them.

Michelle Milham said:

Simon Phearson said:

Michelle said:

Simon Phearson said:

Michelle said:

rwein5 said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service