You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105544

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I almost stopped and struck up a conversation. But I knew it wouldn't have done any good. You can't change the mind of the entitled. 

Sadly true!

Steve

Huck1eberry said:

I almost stopped and struck up a conversation. But I knew it wouldn't have done any good. You can't change the mind of the entitled. 

To the biker who nimbly decided to turn left in front of me suddenly at oak street beach as I was passing this morning, thank you.

I was glad to get a chance to ride down the ramp and look at the graffiti up close and personal…

I've seen Lisa on the road and can attest to the fact that she does get out of Evanston on her bike on occasion. ;)

Lisa - Sounds like your good vs. bad count is in the same ballpark as mine. 

Lisa Gordon said:

Because I ride mostly in Evanston! :) 

But seriously, I think we see the bad bikers more than we see the good ones because they piss us off.  Try actually counting courteous and dumb-ass cyclers sometime.  When I do that, I find that there are more good ones than I expected (although not always a majority). 

I had a pedicab do that the other day. He was very apologetic, but dang am I glad I have good breaks. 

PK RPR said:

To the biker who nimbly decided to turn left in front of me suddenly at oak street beach as I was passing this morning, thank you.

I was glad to get a chance to ride down the ramp and look at the graffiti up close and personal…

Very nice of him to let you test out your breaks...
To the young lady on the purple mid 80's womens bike heading north on Clyborn at North & Clyborn if you are planning on sending a text while stopped at the light do us all a favour and don't do it while blocking a traffic lane. Cars like to go when the light turns green.

To the couple walking their dogs with 20 foot leashes on the North Branch Trail last night:

Thanks allowing your pups to run up to me while I rode by - the boost of adrenaline I received from seeing my life flash before my eyes was just the boost needed for that extra "kick" on the way home.

You should know that just a year or two ago a man died, not far from where you were, when his bike got tangled in a dog's leash.

What's with the random transphobia?

Billy Poore said:

Ha, are you sure it was a chick?  You never know these days...

To the gentlemen biking on Elston this morning on the fixie (I think it was a fixie), with the blue jersey, grey striped shorts and mini Ulock in your back pocket. You pulled just about every d-bag commuting move possible: You shoaled, blew red lights, cut off cars and never called out when you were passing. You are the epitome of a selfish cyclist. I have it all on camera. It'll make a great video entitled, "How to commute like a dick."

I know a couple of people who have been launched and injured when their bikes were "tripped" by extra long leashes across a path.  Please be careful when walking your pups, folks.

Andy J (9.2 miles) said:

To the couple walking their dogs with 20 foot leashes on the North Branch Trail last night:

Thanks allowing your pups to run up to me while I rode by - the boost of adrenaline I received from seeing my life flash before my eyes was just the boost needed for that extra "kick" on the way home.

You should know that just a year or two ago a man died, not far from where you were, when his bike got tangled in a dog's leash.

What is it with stupid people who should not own pets!? Just now riding into work I have the green light on eastbound Illinois and just as I'm entering the intersection with McClurg a guy starts crossing in front of me with his dog stretched out on a 6 foot leash behind him. I slow down and yell what the F are you doing! He starts yelling back F you F you. I say you can F me all day but you're a dumbass! A few more obscenities get hurled back and forth as he jogs off. I've still got adrenaline flowing from that. If I hadn't braked hard I would have been tangled right in that leash. 

One step closer to getting a video cam for my commute. 

Andy J (9.2 miles) said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service