You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105567

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Someone put a lot of thought into that graphic. Too bad they didn't proof-read it ("trasportation")!

Steve

Evan said:

I found this under Right-to-bike I kinda like the chart.

To the bald guy riding a long sleeve shirt on a blue bike AND the middle aged chick in an orange shirt. If someone is stopped at the light shoaling at a speed that challenges physics ( really how were u verticle travelling that slow?) should be a punishable offense. You were sooo slow i almost forgot about the hipster on a blue schwinn that shoaled just in front of you. You 2 were so slow i never saw him again. Learn to ride!

to the idiot at des plaines and madison at about 630pm yesterday - you ran a red light crossing des plaines at madison. cars were pulling off from the newly turned green and all had to stop to accommodate your self serving ass as you ride through the intersection with headphones as big as your dumb skull. were they obstructing your vision too?  three of us were riding up in the bike lane, perfectly timing the light to not have to stop, but we did, for you. i knew that the two riders behind me wouldnt see you so they didnt understand why i was stopping at the green.

i yelled at you - needed to make sure you could hear me through those headphones. i yelled - pay attention, you fucking idiot, you almost got killed". and i know that you heard me, because you turned your head at me, and swerved into the lane while doing it, and gave me the finger.

you are lucky i am not a violent person. but i can assure you very violent thoughts went through my head as i chased you down madison as you scurried away.  youre not very good at climbing hills are you. didnt think i would catch up with you, did ya?  many consideration went through my mind as to how i was going to correct your behavior.  i starred at you as we rode side by side. you simply said "oh, hi". very different attitude from your brazen finger extension before. at this point, all i did was tell you to grow the fuck up.  i hope those moments that you clearly realize i sparred you from hurt you understood your fucktardery at that intersection and beyond.  

i may not be the one to harm you, but if you dont correct your behavior and road etiquette, i do wish ill will upon you.

have a nice day.

nice igz, even though when I chat with a fellow rider or vehicle on the street I have limited hope that it will modify their behaviour it still feels good. 

You laid on the horn as you buzzed me on Palmer, just past the police station. When I caught up to you and asked you if you had a problem with bikes on the road, you stopped your giant SUV to tell me that you would "F---" me up. Your friend in the passenger seat was more level-headed when he said "just go, man" to you. You looked like you realized he was right when I read off your Illinois license plate number of "111 1649" because then you sped off, like the coward you are. 

Dear everyone riding on Sheridan Road North of the Lakefront trail rather than the bike lanes on Winthrop and Kenmore: please stop weaving in and out of stopped traffic before you get killed.  You won't get shot on Kenmore, I promise.

hey people riding south on halsted past 34th st, please don't duck in gutter and then move into the bike lane when you come across a parked car.  it's not necessary, there's a continuous bike lane.  just ride in the bike lane!  and ride straight!  weaving in and out is just confusing and makes me think you are pulling over.  also you're getting into a blind spot and could get doored.  should i say something?

Pardon my ignorance, Jeff. What does "shoal" mean in this context? Urban Dictionary is no help here.

Thanks!

Steve

Jeff Schneider said:

To the nice young woman in the Dearborn PBL who refused my offer to let you shoal at a stop light...  I offered to let you pass on my right, because I usually get shoaled and that's how it's normally done.  Why fight it?, I thought.  But your politeness and common sense made my day.  "That's OK, you are riding faster than me anyway." :-)

From Bike Snob NYC (5/12/09):

"This rule is as follows:

If you stop at a red light and there is already another cyclist waiting at it, you must stop your bicycle in front of the rider who is already there. 

As far as I know, I am the only cyclist in New York who does not observe this rule, because while I'm quite happy to queue up behind somebody at an intersection, I have never, ever had somebody stop behind me. If you're waiting, someone will pull up ahead of you. If a third person comes, they'll roll ahead and stop in front of the second person. On a busy day, this accumulation results in sort of a shoal of cyclists which juts out into the middle of the street like a sandbar of idiocy."

Steve Weeks said:

Pardon my ignorance, Jeff. What does "shoal" mean in this context? Urban Dictionary is no help here.

Thanks!

Steve

Jeff Schneider said:

[snip]

So, so true.  I should just take a camera and film the Lakefront path at the intersection of Grand by Navy Pier.  Even the joggers get involved...

Kevin C said:

"sandbar of idiocy."

Thanks, Kevin!

That makes perfect sense once explained. Sort of like the explanation of "Critical Mass". ;-)

I don't see so much "shoaling" on my commute, since there usually aren't more than one or two other bikes, and often they line up behind me. What I *do* see fairly often is other cyclists blowing past me, often on my right, without a word. I do have a rear-view mirror, but it pisses me off when they come up in my blind spot.

Steve

Kevin C said:

"This rule is as follows:

If you stop at a red light and there is already another cyclist waiting at it, you must stop your bicycle in front of the rider who is already there. 

As far as I know, I am the only cyclist in New York who does not observe this rule, because while I'm quite happy to queue up behind somebody at an intersection, I have never, ever had somebody stop behind me. If you're waiting, someone will pull up ahead of you. If a third person comes, they'll roll ahead and stop in front of the second person. On a busy day, this accumulation results in sort of a shoal of cyclists which juts out into the middle of the street like a sandbar of idiocy."

Steve Weeks said:

Thanks!

Steve

Jeff Schneider said:

[snip]

To the bird whose crap landed on my leg on my ride in this morning: WTF!?!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service