The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105311

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To the dude-bro in the black wife beater, sandals, and cream colored fedora style hat riding north on Jefferson in the West Loop...you don't have to run red lights. I am the guy that caught and passed you after each light turned green (yes, I should have said something, but I am soft spoken and I don't like to waste my breath when someone is oblivious like you were). You ran consecutive red lights and then randomly changed lanes multiple times without looking and without using any kind of hand signals. You weaved back and forth in your lane for...some reason. Due to your complete lack of awareness and jackassery you almost caused 3 seperate accidents and made all city cyclists look like jack-asses.

Too many to mention...douche in Old Town wearing a pink Izod, the bus driver on Armitage thinking beeping equals squeezing me into the curb at the next is OK and the winner...yellow cab 3711 who gunned it so he could slam on the brakes then make a right turn in front of me. Thanks for making Chicago safer

Oh the irony - there are so many that have been run over repeatedly and look absolutely ragged. There's one on Addison that might as well serve as a "hold up, do NOT cross here, these people are CRAZY" warning.

Jeff Schneider said:

To all those drivers and cyclists who fail to stop for pedestrians in crosswalks...why?  And among that group, I salute the elite drivers who actually manage to RUN OVER the signs placed in the middle of the crosswalks reminding them that state law requires them to stop.  Wow.

Too many hostile riders & drivers out there.  Is it worth the energy?!  No.

To the nice lady in the minivan travelling south on Ashland this morning, thank you for the friendly honk to remind me that I should be taking to the center of the lane as much as possible. I was almost riding in the door zone, and you could have sped past me at an unlawful distance! You made my ride much more safe and enjoyable! 

I want to run those over, myself, but I'd have to shell out $150 for a decent skidplate.

Jeff Schneider said:

To all those drivers and cyclists who fail to stop for pedestrians in crosswalks...why?  And among that group, I salute the elite drivers who actually manage to RUN OVER the signs placed in the middle of the crosswalks reminding them that state law requires them to stop.  Wow.

Dear NeoCon attendees: that green painted area with an image of a bicycle painted on it? It's a bike lane. Not a sidewalk, not a holding pen for folks seeking a taxi. A bike lane.

Don't even get me started about morons at NeoCon.  *sigh*

Cheryl said:

Dear NeoCon attendees: that green painted area with an image of a bicycle painted on it? It's a bike lane. Not a sidewalk, not a holding pen for folks seeking a taxi. A bike lane.

Serge, did you have a rough weekend, my comrade?

Serge Lubomudrov said:

To a young lady in the dark blue SUV, who made the right turn west to Wrightwood from Racine around 4 p.m. yesterday. Not only you broke the law by failing to stop on the STOP sign, by turning right in front of me you did it again, you f****** w****!

I agree 100%. But what is the process for requesting an edit or deletion after the 15 minute editing window has closed? 

2. Unexplained/undocumented deletions do great harm to a conversation though (as does closing a thread). 

Chi Lowe 12.5+ mi said:

Serge: 

Hi Serge.  Chi_Lowe, Chainlink Mod/Admin here.  I am 100% certain that nearly everyone on this board has experienced the frustration you've detailed here (I have), but can you find words to express yourself that are less degrading and/or offensive?  The community values every contribution the conversation.  Please consider a revision or deletion.

Serge Lubomudrov said:

To a young lady in the dark blue SUV, who made the right turn west to Wrightwood from Racine around 4 p.m. yesterday. Not only you broke the law by failing to stop on the STOP sign, by turning right in front of me you did it again, you [PLEASE] [EDIT]!

1. You can still delete your own post anytime after 15 minutes, but not the posts wher others have incorporated your post.

2. Agreed. I like chi_lowe's response. The first time i have seen that in a long, long time. It makes clear to every one where the limits are in this forum. It's a much better solution than simply deleting posts, IMO

Tony Adams 6.6 mi said:

I agree 100%. But what is the process for requesting an edit or deletion after the 15 minute editing window has closed? 

2. Unexplained/undocumented deletions do great harm to a conversation though (as does closing a thread). 

Chi Lowe 12.5+ mi said:

Serge: 

Hi Serge.  Chi_Lowe, Chainlink Mod/Admin here.  I am 100% certain that nearly everyone on this board has experienced the frustration you've detailed here (I have), but can you find words to express yourself that are less degrading and/or offensive?  The community values every contribution the conversation.  Please consider a revision or deletion.

Serge Lubomudrov said:

To a young lady in the dark blue SUV, who made the right turn west to Wrightwood from Racine around 4 p.m. yesterday. Not only you broke the law by failing to stop on the STOP sign, by turning right in front of me you did it again, you [PLEASE] [EDIT]!

I agree. I feel your pain, even though I doubt any NeoCon attendees read chainlink.

but maybe you feel better after venting a bit. they are really clueless (sweeping generalization here)

I worked in the merchandise mart from 1996-2007 and even in the hallways of the mart I would see

folks (especially when cell phones first became popular) literally walk into each other while trying to

balance a cellphone; starbucks latte and all the overwhelming pamphlets they bombard you with.

Add high heels and substitute wine for starbucks (after 4pm)  and it got downright entertaining to watch.

I used to say that those folks (who get paid to spend tons of their companys' $$$ on office furniture)

would be on such a shopping "high" they could not think (or walk) straight. some things never change...

Anne Alt said:

Don't even get me started about morons at NeoCon.  *sigh*

Cheryl said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service