The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105311

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unfortunately this is not an uncommon sight, especially in Lincoln Park. My standard shout is "SIDE...WALK...(insert epithet here)!" as I point to the side of the road. 

foofy q. said:

To the idiot woman running against traffic in the Armitage bike lane who told me to "Fuck off" when I said "Get out of the bike lane"......still thinking of a good insult to hurl back at you. 

To the multiple bicyclists who blew the stop sign at Milwaukee & Leavitt at 15+ mph without pausing - that is not a rolling stop. That is blatant disregard for traffic law and right of way. It really isn't that big of a deal to slow down a bit to ensure those with right of way can proceed safely. Let's not give more ammo to the haters out there!

"Hi! Welcome to our lane! Let me know if we can get you anything while you're here, ok?"

Sean Newby said:

Unfortunately this is not an uncommon sight, especially in Lincoln Park. My standard shout is "SIDE...WALK...(insert epithet here)!" as I point to the side of the road. 

foofy q. said:

To the idiot woman running against traffic in the Armitage bike lane who told me to "Fuck off" when I said "Get out of the bike lane"......still thinking of a good insult to hurl back at you. 

"Well, the Jerk Store called, and they're running out of you!

David of the North (David606xx) said:

"Hi! Welcome to our lane! Let me know if we can get you anything while you're here, ok?"

Sean Newby said:

foofy q. said:

"Take off your headphones, I can barely hear you" comes to my mind a lot lately, but it's not any one person.  It's a freaking common occurrence this Spring for some reason.

Yeah I was thinking something like "you WOULD think you could run in the bike lane, you're as big as a bike" but that's not the most eloquent or concise. Also not entirely insulting. 

I think some of the longboard riders in the city may start using Dearborn's lanes if the sidewalks get crowded, too.  Not that it's ever stopped them from using the sidewalks before...

I encountered so many cycling idiots in the last couple days, I don't know where to begin. Expect this thread to be towards the top all summer...
It'll be a long one.

To the driver yesterday on Lawrence who cut me off as we got to Clark.  I know you said you saw me, but you didn't seem to have a good answer when I said, "so were you just trying to scare me? Cause you did".

I was just mentioning to Melissa the other day that a lot of my near misses recently have been me with other cyclists.

Blatherskate said:

I encountered so many cycling idiots in the last couple days, I don't know where to begin. Expect this thread to be towards the top all summer...
It'll be a long one.

Hey Bus driver going north on Damen around 5:30 yesterday. Was it necessary to squeeze me twice after passing me. I get that you have stops to get to but when the stop is over a block away, you don't need to be in the bike lane. You had over 3' into oncoming traffic. Maybe you have no idea of how wide your buss is. You are real lucky that you didn't pinch me into a parked car or curb. Your life would be over as I would sue for all that you are worth and then some. Next time this happens I am taking the full lane in front of you and will ride obnoxiously slow.

Possibly surprising unscientific finding: Prius and Zip car drivers are some of the worst out there.  

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service