The Chainlink

The last 2-3 years I've been out riding on Super Bowl Sunday and noticed the streets pretty much deserted most of the day, and thought "this would be a great day to plan a bike ride."

That is all.

Views: 1487

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

+1

Bob Maher said:

Super Bowl Sunday used to be my favorite day to go skiing.

Be sure to be inside by the end of the game - drunk drivers aplenty.

You know-- maybe it has to do with the part of town I tend to ride in or something, nut I haven't really seen that swell of erratic drivers after the game. There just seems to be less traffic the whole day.

Okay, since I do not see any events listed for February 5 on the Chainlink Calendar, maybe we could brainstorm a place/time to meet up, propose some routes, then post it and see who shows up?  I would really love to get out of the house on Sunday- maybe just plan the ride to be during the game so that everyone can be safe at home before all the drunks pour out of the sports bars? 

This is a great idea, I'd be super down for it. Just post when and where to meet-up. 

I think it does depend somewhat on the part of town.  I'd suggest avoiding areas with lots of bars (especially sports bars) towards the end of the game.

h' said:

You know-- maybe it has to do with the part of town I tend to ride in or something, nut I haven't really seen that swell of erratic drivers after the game. There just seems to be less traffic the whole day.

A driver has to be pretty exceedingly drunk to drive erratically (usually). But their judgement, vision and reaction times can be very compromised even if they appear to be driving normally. 

Anne Alt said:

I think it does depend somewhat on the part of town.  I'd suggest avoiding areas with lots of bars (especially sports bars) towards the end of the game.

h' said:

So, where's the meetup?

Pre-game coverage starts at, what, like 8 a.m.?

Network coverage doesn't start in earnest until Saturday. For those of us with the NFL Network, coverage has already begun...

Fran Kondorf said:

So, where's the meetup?

Pre-game coverage starts at, what, like 8 a.m.?

head to MN! the've been doing a ride on superbowl weekend for several years now! http://www.facebook.com/events/191095354320740/?ref=ts

that's where i am headed but i hope you all get a ride together, too!

Does that stand for "Not For the Life of me" ?

Kevin C said:

For those of us with the NFL Network, coverage has already begun...

This ride is really taking shape :-)

Yeah some people are going for a ride in MN and some will start today because they have NFL Network. ;-)

h' said:

This ride is really taking shape :-)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service