The Chainlink

I've wanted to start this thread so many times this year. . . there have been so many beautiful, glorious days this year and each time I think "this is probably the last really beautiful day" and then another comes along.  Take yesterday morning-- what a wonderful combination of warm moist air and all the smells of autumn.

Bouncing this thread to the top heretoforth will be considered a declaration that said bouncer considers the day upon which the bouncing occurs to be the most beautiful day of the year.

Views: 5338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hereby state in anticipatory repudiation to the aforementioned terms of this thread that today was indeed not the most beautiful day of the year, but instead the second-most beautiful. 

I roll like that ;)  BOUNCE!

I declare today the most beautiful day because we got one extra minute of daylight in the evening! Not that you could see it with the clouds and rain, but it's true. Yesterday, the sun set at 4:19 and today 4:20. Unfortunately, we don't turn that corner in the morning with an earlier sunrise for another three weeks, on January 8, but that'll be here before we know it.

For doubters, here's the link to the December sunrise/sunset stats.

I didn't have time but wanted to bounce this thread, and not ironically.

Despite light rain through the earlier part of the day I actually enjoyed my ride to work quite a bit, and it felt great going home too.

Friday was the most beautiful day of the year so far, and may hold that place for a while.  I rode 52 miles on surfaces ranging from mud and soft limestone to nice pavement.  Hope some of you got a nice ride in too.

Nice shots.  Envious.

mark stetson said:

Friday was the most beautiful day of the year so far, and may hold that place for a while.  I rode 52 miles on surfaces ranging from mud and soft limestone to nice pavement.  Hope some of you got a nice ride in too.

Beautiful!  Thanks for sharing these. 

I had a really pleasant ride in my neighborhood.  Yesterday was about as nice as it gets for January - would have been nice even for April.

Mark - is your ride route near chicago? That looks amazing!

amazing Saturday, 4 hours out and about today after another 4 last night... it is January right?

Beautiful pics!

I'll try not to let you guys make me feel bad but I think I'm going to skip the bike for a few days and see if I can get a wrist thing to heal up a bit.

Hopefully this damned nice weather won't hurt Sunday's Film Fest too badly . . .

Thanks for the comments, makes me feel like I didn't waste my time taking the camera and stopping all the time.

Not sure what you consider near, I was riding west of Princeton, trying to put together a mostly gravel ride for a friend in St. Louis.  Apparently gravel road rides are quite popular in IA and NM.  Didn't find that many actually, so I'm going to try north of town next.  Come out and help me explore some time.

Kelvin Mulcky said:

Mark - is your ride route near chicago? That looks amazing!

That was very impressive...Is there a name for that trail?...

A couple of pics were from Mautino state wildlife area, the sunset pic is from the Hennepin Canal trail.  Mautino would be a great place for MTB trails, but the state has no interest, or money, for developing.  I've asked about volunteering to mow some trails (even providing the machinery and fuel), but they won't allow citzens to operate machinery.  One old jeep trail that I used to ride was so grassy that I didn't want to attempt it.  I've thought about going out with a weed eater to mow some singletrack, but doing even a mile would be a pretty big chore.   Before the state owned it, there were cattle on the property, and they kept the grass down so you could ride virtually anywhere.  Bring back the cows. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service