The Chainlink

Whenever the forum seems depressed,

just bounce this thread to the top.

Who's got a happy song or happy thought to share?

What do you do when you're down in the dumps?

Views: 5022

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

maybe I'll start flashing people. But that's a bit difficult in winter with all my layers :))

Anne Alt said:

A friend shared this with me on Facebook and it cracked me up.  Thought some of you might enjoy it, too.  ;)

Sounds like a creative challenge.  ;)

Julie Hochstadter said:

maybe I'll start flashing people. But that's a bit difficult in winter with all my layers :))

Anne Alt said:

A friend shared this with me on Facebook and it cracked me up.  Thought some of you might enjoy it, too.  ;)

+1

Gene Tenner said:

This is not only cute, but chock full of truth, and something every cyclist needs to understand. Thanks!

Anne Alt said:

I saw something while out for a walk today that made me happy.  Thought some of you would enjoy it, too.

A man was riding on a quiet street with his young son (who looked about 6 or 7), and was teaching some basics about safe riding on the street and correctly reading street signs so he knows where he is.  It looked like they were having a nice ride.  I remember my dad starting to teach me these skills around the same ago.  I was happy to see this man giving his son the same kind of good lesson.

This dog video is pure fun.  Happy Friday!

This morning on my walk from the train to the office, I passed what appeared to be the aftermath of a minor accident at Adams and Dearborn.  A woman with an orange Public bike was standing next to a police car, looking a bit shaken up, talking to a police officer.  Next to her - a cab driver.  Okay, so you're probably thinking "what's happy about that?" 

On the surface, it looks like she's having a crappy morning.  Under the surface: she's STANDING, not lying on the ground waiting for the ambulance.  She's not bloody and battered.  Her bike looks intact.  It wasn't a hit and run.  There's actually an officer at the scene taking a report.  I felt bad for her bad start to the day, but happy that it wasn't getting a lot worse via ambulance ride to the ER.  To the woman at Adams and Dearborn - if you're on this forum, I hope that you're okay, and that you follow up with the Crash Support Hotline if you need it.

Saw lots of other folks having lovely rides on this beautiful morning.  Happy Friday, and let's be careful out there.

Good Lord, does this thread need a bump. Most Dangerous Intersections, Cyclist Seriously Injured in Berwyn, Police Warn of Strong Arm Robberies on LFP, McGrath Lexus at Elston & Division, Think of this as a Missed Connection, 3 Protected Bike Lane Threads...

Does anyone else on here just enjoy riding their bike???!!!

Count me in!  Most of the time I AM enjoying riding my bike. Looking forward to more of that tonight.  Wishing all of you a pleasant ride today.

Does seeing the new bike signals activated on Dearborn make you happy?  Yes, they're lit.  :)

Kevin C said:

Good Lord, does this thread need a bump. Most Dangerous Intersections, Cyclist Seriously Injured in Berwyn, Police Warn of Strong Arm Robberies on LFP, McGrath Lexus at Elston & Division, Think of this as a Missed Connection, 3 Protected Bike Lane Threads...

Does anyone else on here just enjoy riding their bike???!!!

Kevin--thanks for reminding us!  My ride to work this morning was spectacular even though I could not see the sun coming up over the lake.  I love riding my bike.

Okay, Anne, I am going to head outside to see them.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service