suspicious looking CL posts that clearly push stolen bikes - what to do?

I usually flag them after looking very closely, but I saw one recently that just keeps itching at me...

It was a bike with no front wheel AND the rear wheel still u-locked to the frame. Now, if that's not suspicious, I don't know what is! I flagged it and moved on, but can't seem to shrug it off.

SO

What options do we have to do something about the ones that are clearly (or at least very likely) stolen... other than reporting to uninterested cops?

Why not post right here on this forum?

Better idea, anyone??
H??

For example: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/1100811060.html
May not be stolen, but awfully odd otherwise, right??

Views: 3316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Short of outright calling me a racist....I'd say you are the only one doing the attacking and unjustly so.

John C. Wilson said:

Thank you James.

Since I'm being personally attacked (I can take it) I'll have to eat more bandwidth later but Happy Easter everyone.

James,

I think you may have failed to pick up on some nuance in this thread, assuming this rant was intended to be related to anything posted here.

James BlackHeron said:

I find it interesting how the same cast of characters constantly harps on Walmart and Olive Gardens blighting the urban landscape with suburban sprawl -yet will come down on folks "flaunting the laws and regulations" and daring to try and eek out a living and make a buck with a small independant business and creating their own jobs.

In a world where the rules only apply to the little guy a big corporation like McDonalds can end-round rules like Pedestrian Streets on the 2700 block of Milwaukee and get their new mega-drivethru built by greasing the local alderman, but the small guys need to play by the rules and get buried.

Big corpas like Walmart, Olive Garden & McDonalds have teams of lawyers to bend the bevy of rules that exist, armies of accountants to tame all the regulations and red tape, and finally platoons of lobbyists to grease the wheels of Federal, State, & City government to let them do whatever they need to do.

Yet some poor schmuck who wants to buy and sell a few beat-up used bikes out of a garage gets people on the local bike forums all bent of shape and contemplating what to do to shut them down.

It is ANY WONDER most bikes sold in this country roll out the door of a Walmart?  They are the only ones bi enough to cut through all the regulations and red tape and still sell something that the poor folks who aren't allowed to make their own jobs and end up working for mini um wage at some big corporation can afford. 

Buying and selling bikes & bike parts on CL for the pure joy of bikes over the past few years I've seen many "hoarders" and flippers just like this guy.  They exist in Humboldt, the South side, Wicker Park/Bucktown, The South side like that dude in West Elsdon, in the burbs like that guy up in McHenry.   They are all regular folks and I've dealt with most of the major ones around times many times.  I get to talking to most folks I deal with (anyone who has met me IRL knows I like to talk) and I like to make sure the folks I'm dealing with are not thieves.   I've met a few that I was pretty sure were and I refuse to deal or associate with them but for the most part the hoarders are NOT thieves as others have said.  I shudder to think of what someone would think if they saw my own garage.  

I'm not making money on my hobby -unless you call bike tools and really nice bikes put together out of the choicest of the choicest of the parts I scrounge.  But I could use a serious culling of my junk pile this spring.

This thread only makes me more cautious to NEVER EVER let anyone I deal with see my garage and to always deal out of a neutral area with only the parts or bikes I've listed.  I so don't need Gladys Kravitz or Mrs. Grundy coming down on me or involving the constabulary over BS like this. 

spencewine said:

I'm not going to get involved with your soapbox rant, but this is more than "just a few beat up used bikes out of a garage." Why don't you go have a look for yourself, perhaps you'll find your next project.

100%

Match a bike with a victim and it is stolen -but even then is the guy who happens to be in possession of it suddenly a criminal?

Nobody, not the "authorities" or the bike industry takes bike serial numbers or following up on theft with even a modicum of importance.  Bike theft is one step below littering and we can see how much people care about THAT in this filthy city. 

Anybody who has ever bought or sold a used bike could have been "guilty" of dealing in stolen bikes.  It's almost as impossible to prove that a bike is NOT stolen as it is to prove it has. 

This thread is ridiculous because it is just Gladys Kravitz and Mrs Grundy wringing their hands and pointing fingers on "hunches."   It's beyond ridiculous and is bordering on a witch hunt. 

h' 1.0 said:

I don't see much point to asking whether they were acquired. Someone needs to match a bike with a victim, and then we can get police involved. 

Enjoy!

Municipal Code of Chicago

TITLE 4 BUSINESSES, OCCUPATIONS AND CONSUMER PROTECTION

CHAPTER 4-264 SECONDHAND DEALERS

BookmarkCHAPTER 4-264
SECONDHAND DEALERS

Article I.  Secondhand Dealers Generally

4-264-005     Definitions.

4-264-010     License – Required.

4-264-020     License – Application – Investigation.

4-264-030     License – Fee.

4-264-040     Reserved.

4-264-050     Recordkeeping.

4-264-051     Report to police.

4-264-052     Record keeping requirements related to digital audio and video discs.

4-264-060     Use of unlicensed premises prohibited.

4-264-070     Disassembling, melting and rebuilding articles.

4-264-075     Removal of identifying marks prohibited.

4-264-080     Public nuisance abatement.

4-264-090     Purchases from minors.

4-264-100     Prohibited businesses.

4-264-101     Repurchase agreements prohibited.

4-264-110     Hours of business.

4-264-150     Children's products.

Article II.  (Reserved)

Article III.  (Reserved)

Article IV.  Violations of Chapter Provisions

4-264-220     Enforcement.

4-264-225     Regulations.

4-264-230     Violation – Penalty.

ARTICLE I.  SECONDHAND DEALERS GENERALLY

Bookmark4-264-005  Definitions.

For purposes of this chapter:

“Audio-video equipment” includes, but is not limited to, any stereo, speaker, radio, video recorder, video camera, television, tape or disc player, digital audio disc, digital video disc, telephone, pager or satellite signal device.

“Children's product” means any item of furniture manufactured for use by children under eight years of age, including, but not limited to, any crib, playpen, stroller or child carrier.

“Currency” means coin or paper money that is bought, sold or otherwise transferred at greater than face value.

“Jewelry” means any precious metal as defined in this section or any precious stone or gem as defined in this section, including, but not limited to, earrings, chains, pendants, pins, brooches, bracelets, armbands, rings, head or hair ornaments, diadems, cuff links or similar objects comprising or containing precious metals or precious stones.  The term “jewelry” also includes articles comprising or containing precious metals or precious stones, including, but not limited to, optical frames, pens, pencils, flatware or holloware.

“Precious metal” means gold, silver or platinum.

“Precious stone or gem” means any genuine diamond, emerald, ruby, sapphire or pearl of any value and any other genuine stone or gem with a value of more than $100.00

“Secondhand dealer” means any person who engages in the business of purchasing, selling, receiving, trading, consignment selling or otherwise transferring for value any secondhand property.  Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in this chapter applies to: (i) pawnbrokers licensed under Chapter 4-240; junk peddlers licensed under Section 4-6-150; junk facilities permitted under Chapter 11-4 of this Code; or manufacturing establishments licensed under Chapter 4-224; (ii) sales or exchanges of used articles and materials conducted by or controlled by charitable or religious organizations; (iii) any person who purchases used articles or materials from a charitable or religious organization for the purpose of resale, if the person spends in excess of $1,000,000.00 per annum on purchases of used articles and materials from religious and charitable organizations for purposes of resale, and maintains an indoor facility of not fewer than 10,000 square feet for the sale of such used articles and materials; (iv) the sale of Chicago Transit Authority fare tokens pursuant to permission of the Authority; (v) the purchase or sale of precious metals or currency on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange or on a similar exchange, wherever located; or (vi) the exchange of currency by a licensed currency exchange, national bank, federal savings bank or other financial institution as defined in the Illinois Banking Act.*

*Editor's note – Coun. J. 4-13-11, p. 115372, § 1, mistakenly stated that it amended § 2-64-005.  In reality, the ordinance amended this provision of § 4-264-005.

“Secondhand property” means any previously owned audio-video equipment, camera, children's product, computer hardware, construction materials including, but not necessarily limited to, plumbing, electrical, roofing, masonry and carpentry supplies, jewelry made of precious metal or stone, article made of precious metal, precious stone or gem, sporting or athletic gear or equipment, including a bicycle, watch or currency.

(Amend Coun. J. 2-26-97, p. 40141; Amend Coun. J. 10-7-98, p. 78812; Amend Coun. J. 9-29-99, p. 12263, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 11-3-99, p. 14166, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 5-29-02, p. 86303, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 9-27-07, p. 9562, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 9-8-10, p. 99259, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 4-13-11, p. 115372, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 5-9-12, p. 27485, § 131)

Bookmark4-264-010  License – Required.

It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in the business of a secondhand dealer without first obtaining a license therefor for each separate place, premises or location where such business is to be conducted.

(Added Coun. J. 12-9-92, p. 25465; Amend Coun. J. 4-22-93, p. 31558; Amend Coun. J. 2-26-97, p. 40141)

Bookmark4-264-020  License – Application – Investigation.

An application for license as a secondhand dealer shall be made in conformity with the general requirements of this Code relating to applications for licenses.  When an application for such license is made, the commissioner of business affairs and consumer protection shall cause an investigation to be made to ascertain whether the applicant has complied with the state laws and the provisions of this Code applicable to said business, and whether the applicant is of good character and repute.  Provided, however, that such investigation shall not be required for a secondhand dealer that deals in only children's products.

(Added Coun. J. 12-9-92, p. 25465; Amend Coun. J. 9-29-99, p. 12263, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 5-9-07, p. 105047, § 14; Amend Coun. J. 11-19-08, p. 47220, Art. V, § 5)

Bookmark4-264-030  License – Fee.

The fee for a secondhand dealer's license shall be as set forth in Section 4-5-010. Provided, however, that the fee for a secondhand dealer that deals in only children's products shall be $250.00 and such fee shall be waived for a not-for-profit secondhand dealer that deals in only children's products.

(Added Coun. J. 12-9-92, p. 25465; Amend Coun. J. 9-29-99, p. 12263, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 11-15-06, p. 92532, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 1-13-10, p. 83191, § 1)

Bookmark4-264-040  Reserved.

Editor's note – Coun. J. 5-9-12, p. 27485, § 132, repealed former § 4-264-040, which pertained to frontage consents.

Bookmark4-264-050  Recordkeeping.

(a)     At the time of each transaction, each licensee under this chapter shall enter into an accessible computer database, using the LeadsOnline electronic reporting form, an accurate description in English of (i) every article of secondhand property received, purchased, sold or exchanged by the licensee; (ii) the date of the transaction; and (iii) the name and address of the purchaser or seller.  Provided, however, that if the licensed business does not have internet access, the licensee shall seek permission and approval from the superintendent of police to use an alternative reporting system acceptable to the superintendent.  No entry made in such database or other approved reporting system shall be erased, obliterated or defaced.

(b)     The description of each article of secondhand property, other than digital audio discs or digital video discs, shall include: the brand name; the model number, if available; any serial number or other identification number installed by the manufacturer; and a description of every other identifying marking, such as an inscription, a social security number, a name, nickname or address, appearing on the item.  The description of each watch shall include: the brand name; model number, if available; a description of the metal or metals of its composition; a description of the band; a description of the face by number, color and cut, shape and type of stone or stones, if any; and a description of any inscriptions appearing on the watch.  The description of each item of jewelry shall include the type; a description of the metal or metals of its composition; the weight of said metal or metals; the type, cut and shape of each stone; and a description of all inscriptions.  Each ring shall also be identified by ring size.  In addition, each watch and item of jewelry shall be photographed in color.

(c)     The description of each person who sells an item of secondhand property to the licensee shall consist of the person's name, residence address, birth date, social security number, weight, height and gender.  If the person has no social security number, the licensee shall record this fact.

(d)     Every licensee shall require two forms of identification to be shown to him or her by each person selling an article of secondhand property to the licensee. At least one of the two forms of identification must list the person's name and residence address.  Except as provided in subsection (e) of this section, at least one of the two forms of identification must be a photographic identification issued by a federal, state or local governmental entity.  Forms of identification may include, but are not limited to: a state driver's license, a state identification card, a passport, a military identification card, a social security card, or a credit card or utility bill.

(e)     If the customer does not have a photographic identification card issued by a federal, state or local governmental entity, the licensee shall photograph the customer.  The photograph shall be in color.  On the reverse side of the photograph the licensee shall record the customer's name, residence address, date of birth, social security number, gender, height and weight.  If the customer has no social security number, the licensee shall record this fact.  Two forms of identification shall also be required.  At least one of the two forms of identification must include the person's name and residence address.

(f)     Such records shall at all times during the licensee's business hours be open to the inspection of the mayor or any member of the police force, or any investigator of the department of business affairs and consumer protection.

(Added Coun. J. 12-9-92, p. 25465; Amend Coun. J. 2-26-97, p. 40141; Amend Coun. J. 10-1-03, p. 8865, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 7-27-05, p. 53211, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 11-19-08, p. 47220, Art. V, § 5; Amend Coun. J. 9-8-10, p. 99259, § 2; Amend Coun. J. 5-9-12, p. 27485, § 133)

Bookmark4-264-051  Report to police.

(a)     It shall be the duty of every licensee under this chapter to prepare and deliver, using the LeadsOnline electronic reporting form, to a location or locations designated by the superintendent of police, every day, before the hour of 12:00 noon, a legible and correct copy of the information required under Section 4-264-050 of all secondhand property purchased during the preceding day, setting forth the hour the property was when received and a description of the person selling such secondhand property.  Provided, however, that if the licensed business does not have internet access, the licensee shall seek permission and approval from the superintendent of police to use an alternative reporting system acceptable to the superintendent.

(b)     The photographs required under Section 4-264-050 shall be included in the records delivered to the superintendent of police.

(Added Coun. J. 5-2-01, p. 58600, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 5-9-12, p. 27485, § 134)

Bookmark4-264-052  Record keeping requirements related to digital audio and video discs.

(a)     Every person requiring a license under this chapter shall prepare and maintain records concerning the receipt of digital audio discs and digital video discs in accordance with this section. Records shall be maintained in English, and either typed, written in ink or stored in an accessible computer database capable of being printed in English at the dealer's business location. The records shall be complete within 24 hours of each transaction in which the person requiring the license acquires one or more digital audio discs or digital video discs. The records shall include: date of transaction; the name, address and date of birth of the source of the disc or discs; the form of identification, and its identifying number, relied on in establishing the person's identity; the number of discs acquired in the transaction; and the amount paid. For purposes of this section, only those forms of identification described in subsection (d) of Section 4-264-050 of this chapter shall be accepted.

(b)     Records described in subsection (a) of this section shall, during the secondhand dealer's business hours, be open to inspection and copying by the mayor, any member of the police department and any investigator of the department of business affairs and consumer protection.

(c)     Any person who violates any provision of this section shall be subject to a fine of not less than $200.00 and not more than $500.00 for each transaction requiring to be recorded.

(Added Coun. J. 10-1-03, p. 8865, § 2; Amend Coun. J. 7-27-05, p. 53211, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 11-19-08, p. 47220, Art. V, § 5)

Bookmark4-264-060  Use of unlicensed premises prohibited.

1.     No secondhand dealer shall make use of any property, private or public, not included within the licensed premises, for the storage, handling or display of any secondhand article.

2.     No secondhand dealer, their agent, or any other agency, organization or individual shall place or cause to be placed any unattended receptacle for the purpose of accepting donations of any kind on public or private property without the applicable permit.  Any violation of this section or any rule or regulation promulgated thereunder may result in license suspension or revocation in accordance with the requirements of Section 4-4-280.

(Added Coun. J. 12-9-92, p. 25465; Amend Coun. J. 11-15-06, p. 92009, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 11-15-12, p. 42188, § 2)

Bookmark4-264-070  Disassembling, melting and rebuilding articles.

(a)     (1)     No person requiring a license under this chapter shall sell, dispose of, or remove from the place of business any article of secondhand property for 30 calendar days after receipt of such article of secondhand property or take apart or melt any article of secondhand property or remodel or rebuild the same until such person shall have made a record of his intention to do so.  Such record shall contain a description of such article of secondhand property and all other data required under this chapter to be recorded in the secondhand dealer's record of purchases, sales and exchanges.

(2)     In the case of jewelry, watches or other precious metals or precious stones, the record required under subsection (a)(1) of this section shall also contain a receipt, signed by the seller under the penalty of law, which (i) describes such article of secondhand property, including its weight; and (ii) contains a statement indicating that the seller accepts the stated price received for said article of secondhand property; and (iii) contains a statement that the seller is of lawful age; that the  driver's license number or other government-issued identification number and all other identifying information provided by the seller are true and correct; and that the seller is the lawful owner of the article of secondhand property with absolute authority to sell such article of property.

(3)     It shall be unlawful for any seller to submit false or fraudulent information on any receipt required under paragraph (2) this subsection (a) to be signed by such seller.

(4)     All articles of secondhand property received by any person requiring a license under this chapter shall be kept intact at such person's licensed place of business for inspection by authorized city officials for at least thirty calendar days after receipt of such article of secondhand property.   Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this section, a licensee may resell any used digital audio disc or any used digital video disc five days after acquiring it.

(b)     It shall be unlawful for any licensee under this chapter to advise or require any person selling or desiring to sell any watch or jewelry to such licensee to disassemble such watch or jewelry or to remove any precious stone or gem from such watch or jewelry or to make such disassembly or removal a condition of purchase of such watch or jewelry by the licensee.  As used in this subsection (b), the term “licensee” means any person that holds or is required to hold a license under this Chapter 4-264 or any agent or employee thereof.

(Added Coun. J. 12-9-92, p. 25465; Amend Coun. J. 2-26-97, p. 40141; Amend Coun. J. 8-30-00, p. 39783, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 10-1-03, p. 8865, § 3; Amend Coun. J. 9-8-10, p. 99259, § 3)

Bookmark4-264-075  Removal of identifying marks prohibited.

No licensee shall remove, alter or obliterate any manufacturer's make, model, or serial number, personal identification number, or identifying marks engraved or etched upon an article of secondhand property that was purchased by the licensee until after the ten-day holding period required by Section 4-264-070 has expired. In addition, no licensee shall purchase an article of secondhand property where the manufacturer's make, model, or serial number, personal identification number or identifying marks engraved or etched upon the article of secondhand property has been removed, altered or obliterated.

(Amend Coun. J. 2-26-97, p. 40141)

Bookmark4-264-080  Public nuisance abatement.

It is hereby declared to be a public nuisance, and it shall be unlawful, for any secondhand dealer to permit any debris, rubbish, dirt or refuse to be accumulated on his licensed premises or to permit any dense smoke, cinders, dust, gas or odor which shall be offensive or prejudicial to the health or dangerous to the life of any person to escape from his licensed premises, and the bureau of fire prevention or any officer designated by the said bureau shall take necessary action to abate such nuisance.

(Added Coun. J. 12-9-92, p. 25465)

Bookmark4-264-090  Prohibited purchases.

No secondhand dealer shall purchase any article of secondhand property whatsoever from any minor without the written consent of a parent or legal guardian.

The consent must be signed in the presence of the licensee, who must include the consent in the daily record required under Section 4-264-050.

No secondhand dealer shall purchase any article of secondhand property from any person who appears intoxicated or under the influence of any drug.

No secondhand dealer shall purchase any article of secondhand property from any person known to be a thief or to have been convicted of theft or burglary, and when any person is found to be the owner of stolen property which has been bought, such property shall be returned to the owner thereof without the payment of the amount paid by the secondhand dealer for the stolen property.

(Added Coun. J. 12-9-92, p. 25465; Amend Coun. J. 2-26-97, p. 40141)

Bookmark4-264-100  Prohibited businesses.

No person licensed as a secondhand dealer shall, during the period of his license, receive or hold a license or permit to carry on the business of a pawnbroker or keeper of a junk facility.

(Added Coun. J. 12-9-92, p. 25465; Amend Coun. J. 10-7-98, p. 78812)

Bookmark4-264-101  Repurchase agreements prohibited.

No secondhand dealer shall enter into any oral or written agreement or understanding with the seller of an item of merchandise, whereby the seller receives or retains a right to repurchase the item that is superior to the right of any other person willing to purchase such item.

Bookmark4-264-110  Hours of business.

No such licensee shall buy any secondhand article or thing, before the hour of 6:00 a.m. or after the hour of 9:00 p.m.

Bookmark4-264-150  Children's products.

(a)     Every licensee engaged in the business of purchasing, selling, receiving, trading, consignment selling or otherwise transferring any children's product shall obtain and maintain on file in paper form in the licensed premises the recall notifications issued over the preceding nine-year period by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission.

(b)     No secondhand dealer shall purchase, sell, receive, trade, place on consignment or otherwise transfer any children's product that does not contain the manufacturer's original label, tag or other identification; provided that this requirement shall not apply if the secondhand dealer has documentation or photographic evidence which establishes the identity of the product manufacturer.  The commissioner of business affairs and consumer protection may promulgate rules and regulations identifying the types of documentation or photographic evidence that may be used to establish a manufacturer's identity under this subsection.

(Amend Coun. J. 9-29-99, p. 12263, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 11-19-08, p. 47220, Art. V, § 5)

ARTICLE II.  (RESERVED)

ARTICLE III.  (RESERVED)

ARTICLE IV.  VIOLATIONS OF CHAPTER PROVISIONS

Bookmark4-264-220  Enforcement.

The department of business affairs and consumer protection shall have the authority to issue citations for violations of this chapter involving children's products.

(Amend Coun. J. 9-29-99, p. 12263, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 11-19-08, p. 47220, Art. V, § 5)

Bookmark4-264-225  Regulations.

The commissioner of the department of business affairs and consumer protection, in consultation with the superintendent of police, is authorized to promulgate rules and regulations necessary to enforce the requirements of this chapter, including, but not limited to, rules and regulations mandating licensees to use digital cameras to photograph watches and jewelry, to store and maintain required photographic images in an electronic database maintained by the licensee, to transmit required photographic images to appropriate city officials for posting on the City of Chicago website, to use standardized form(s) provided by the department to maintain required records, and to comply with other reasonable and warranted record-keeping requirements designed to assist in the identification of stolen property.

(Added Coun. J. 9-8-10, p. 99259, § 4)

Bookmark4-264-230  Violation – Penalty.

(a)     Any person who violates any requirement of this chapter or any rule or regulation promulgated thereunder shall be fined not less than $500.00 nor more than $1,000.00 for each offense.  Each violation in regard to a separate transaction shall constitute a separate and distinct offense to which a separate fine shall apply.

(b)     In addition to any other penalty provided by law, any violation of this chapter or rule or regulation promulgated thereunder on two different days within any 12-month period may result in license suspension or revocation in accordance with the requirements of Section 4-4-280 of this Code.

(Added Coun. J. 12-9-92, p. 25465; Amend Coun. J. 2-26-97, p. 40141; Amend Coun. J. 9-29-99, p. 12263, § 1; Amend Coun. J. 9-8-10, p. 99259, § 5; Amend Coun. J. 5-9-12, p. 27485, § 135)

Again, James-- did you actually take the time to read the thread? You're not making sense.

James BlackHeron said:

This thread is ridiculous because it is just Gladys Kravitz and Mrs Grundy wringing their hands and pointing fingers on "hunches."   It's beyond ridiculous and is bordering on a witch hunt. 

This site had best take down it's Marketplace section forthwith. Everything there or that has been there is in violation of the above.

I don't have a bicycle for sale at the moment and two of the three bikes in the basement I purchased new and I am still guilty of several hundred counts above just from my parts collection. If that is the standard you want us to live by better to drive a car.

Don't even want to think of how much I am guilty of and my partner is guilty of from the bikes we keep upstairs. I still have the 1959 Schwinn Typhoon my parents bought me for my seventh birthday and I could rot in prison a long time for that one.

h' copied the municpal code of Chicago. You live in Evanston. It doesn't apply to you as long as you stay there.

Not sure why you get so worked up. Shouldn't you be having dinner at the Olive Garden now? ;)

John C. Wilson said:

This site had best take down it's Marketplace section forthwith. Everything there or that has been there is in violation of the above.

I don't have a bicycle for sale at the moment and two of the three bikes in the basement I purchased new and I am still guilty of several hundred counts above just from my parts collection. If that is the standard you want us to live by better to drive a car.

Don't even want to think of how much I am guilty of and my partner is guilty of from the bikes we keep upstairs. I still have the 1959 Schwinn Typhoon my parents bought me for my seventh birthday and I could rot in prison a long time for that one.

There's a Chili's right in downtown Evanston. No need to schlep out to Lincolnwood.

Duppie 13.5185km said:

h' copied the municpal code of Chicago. You live in Evanston. It doesn't apply to you as long as you stay there.

Not sure why you get so worked up. Shouldn't you be having dinner at the Olive Garden now? ;)

John C. Wilson said:

This is the big rebuttal we were waiting for?

It has absolutely nothing to do with the concerns Spencewine posted about this particular seller.

John C. Wilson said:

Completely forgot about that. Right next door to Chili's, there is also a Bravo! Cucina Italiana, if you are more in the mood for "Italian classics with a twist" in a "fun, family-friendly Roman ruin decor." Or Buffalo Wild Wings, for when you want to watch a game and Tommy Nevin's just isn't corporate enough ;)

h' 1.0 said:

There's a Chili's right in downtown Evanston. No need to schlep out to Lincolnwood.

Duppie 13.5185km said:

John C. Wilson said:

I think that there are a number of people posting on this topic who could stand to get off their computers and go ride their bikes!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service