My daily commute for now includes using the CTA to carry my bike across the city. On the buses there ccan be one of two kinds of bike racks. One we will said is red and the other is yellow. The red ones are probably the intially used one before they start to use the better yellow ones. I have come across on a few occasion, where the red ones( the inner rack)  don't hold the bike well, as the screws fell out or something like that, so you have to use the outer one, thus no more bikes can be loaded till I get off.  I don't think the cta mechanics make it a habit of spot checking  them for problems. My question is, is there a way we can report to the CTA that a certain number bus has a broken bike rack? so I guess the bus number and route used is needed, and they should be able to track down the bus garage  location. thanks in advance.

Views: 1899

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As everyone said, that crime of taking a bike off the rack is very small, it is conforting to know. I can't stand near the front(I'm too fat, take up too much room), can't sit in the front( I respect the handicap), but in 2 months I will be elgible to set up front I believe. for now, I'll sit in back and do my suduko and crossword puzzle for the next 45 minutes.

as h' 1.0 said  "Much more common to end up with a bike on the rack that doesn't seem to belong to anyone on the bus..." that might be me in the near future. I am starting not remember things.

Jerry

Yep, I've seen that happen a few times.

h' 1.0 said:

...Much more common to end up with a bike on the rack that doesn't seem to belong to anyone on the bus...

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service