The Chainlink

Chicago's heritage hipster brew is saying goodbye to the the suburbs and trucking West to Los Angeles.

Is this going to change anyone's drinking habits?  Time to switch to Milwaukee's Best or High Life -The Champagne of Beers?

PBR me or PBR me not?

Views: 211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Juan said:
I loves mee sum PBR! forever...
Wow!  This guy is trying WAY to hard.
One can only hope that someday, this guy will regret this particular tattoo...

A.K.A Paul said:

Juan said:
Let's see....I know I put the cap to the Jim Bean around here somewhere.....Damn!  Where did I put that thing??

Kevin Conway said:
One can only hope that someday, this guy will regret this particular tattoo...

A.K.A Paul said:

Juan said:
This wiggs me out just looking at it.  OMG that must have been uncomfortable. I don't even like it when I touch my own adams apple...
IMO PBR is only a hipster brew when they pay more than $3 for a pint. If I'm at a bar and this happens, I suck it up and get a good beer for $2 more. PBR/High Life/Busch should never be more than $2/pint.
Handlebar has the tiny little 8-oz cans of PBR for something like $2 which is almost $4/"real" can really if you do the math.  I'd have to say that is "trendy" and not so much cheap.
You got PBR, Schlitz, Old Style usually they are part of a weekday drink special. If I want "enjoy" a beer I spend $6 on an ale then go home and cook dinner.

I grew up in Wisconsin.  The adults frowned on "soda pop" and would rather us kids drank beer instead of that unhealthy sugar crap...

Miller High Life is just barley pop to me.  I'd rather drink one than a coke. 

Actually PBR is usually the highest rated of American premium lager and American light lager styles (BJCP style categories) by beer connoisseurs . Hipsters may drink it just to be cool, but it really is better then bud/miller/coors. FYI, Oldstyle is usually considered second.

And yeah, they are just moving the headquarters. It doesn't really make much of a difference.

They moved most of the production out to California years ago anyhow.  I think I read somewhere that corporate offices employed around 300 people.  

I can stomach PBR and sometimes Old Style but prefer Miller High Life.   It really is the champagne of (cheap)  beers. 

Jason W said:

Actually PBR is usually the highest rated of American premium lager and American light lager styles (BJCP style categories) by beer connoisseurs . Hipsters may drink it just to be cool, but it really is better then bud/miller/coors. FYI, Oldstyle is usually considered second.

And yeah, they are just moving the headquarters. It doesn't really make much of a difference.

Some lady hipsters for ya...
You seemed to be claiming that you were poor though.

James Baum said:
Not everyone is poor.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service